PDA

View Full Version : First Day in the Park plan - will this work?

canadasunflower
03-02-2007, 04:59 AM
I will be taking three first-timers to DL this summer, and they are all ride-aholics, they love rides! I've figured out this plan for our three days at DL, and I was wondering if it would work. This is a bit long...

Day 1 - Sunday, July 8th - I was thinking that this would be the day to get all of the big rides out of the way. We would get there at opening and

Get FP for Space Mountain
Get in line and ride Nemo
Get FP for Buzz (if line is long), if not ride BLAB
Ride Star Tours
Get FP for Indiana Jones
Ride POTC or Jungle Cruise
Ride HM if still waiting
Ride Indiana Jones
Get FP for Splash
See the Tiki Room, Ride BTMR, do other stuff

I know that Roger Rabbit isn't hooked up to the FP system and we would fit that in somewhere. We will probably have Riverside seating for F! that night as well.

Day 2 - Monday July 9th - I believe this is an early entry day, so we would get there for early entry and attack Fantasyland, starting with Peter Pan and Dumbo. We would also ride the Matterhorn fairly early on this day. We'd stay in the park until about when DCA opens and do DCA, returning to Disneyland in the evening for the Fireworks and rides during the later F! show.

Day 3 - Friday, July 13th - This would be the day to do everything we liked over and over again.

Does that seem like a good plan? I want to make sure we get all of the "big" rides - the Mountains, the Subs and Indy done on the first day. We are flexible, I just like having a plan of attack.

Thanks for any/all comments - we are so excited!

yellowrosedtxn
03-02-2007, 05:10 AM
I just have a question, are you not going to DCA at all? I really liked California Screamin (and I hate roller coasters) and Tower of Terror. I can't handle Maliboomer (because I am afraid of heights) and I don't like to do the straight up thing. (With TOT it is enclosed so it isn't as scary to me.) They are really fun to go on as well as Grizzly River Run.

Just thought I would ask.

Shelley

canadasunflower
03-02-2007, 05:26 AM
I just have a question, are you not going to DCA at all? I really liked California Screamin (and I hate roller coasters) and Tower of Terror. I can't handle Maliboomer (because I am afraid of heights) and I don't like to do the straight up thing. (With TOT it is enclosed so it isn't as scary to me.) They are really fun to go on as well as Grizzly River Run.

Just thought I would ask.

Shelley

Yep! See Day 2 on my post. We would be spending much of the second day (from 10 until about 6) in DCA.

Tinkermommy
03-02-2007, 05:37 AM
With Nemo bringing back the beloved old subs, and with it being a brand new ride, I wonder if that is going to be "the" long-line ride for the summer. If that's the case, maybe you should be prepared to switch which one you get your FP for first thing in the morning -- get a Nemo FP (assuming they'll have them) and wait for Space. Just a thought, based upon how Pirates and Space were -- and for how long -- when they first re-opened.

Ideally, what you REALLY need to do is win dream fastpasses as soon as you arrive...:p I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

yellowrosedtxn
03-02-2007, 05:44 AM
Sorry, I guess I just skimmed it over and didn't see that!

You will have a great trip and it sounds like FUN!!

Shelley