PDA

View Full Version : Which Lines you like or hate to wait in?

Pages : [1] 2

jcruise86
03-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Certain lines are more painful than others. What are your favorite and least favorite "waits" at Disneyland?

Favorites I'll go with:
1. "Soarin' over CA" because I happily anticipate a literally uplifting ride, and because the safety film has that funny guy who is such a good parody that type.
2. Pooh, because it's usually so short, fairly interesting looking, has nice music--especially at Christmas--and mainly because my toddler is excited about going on this ride.

Least favorites:
1. Waiting to pay in the parking garage. Dark, with fumes. Too long. Frustrating.
2. Exiting Small World. After it's over I'd like a break from the song. There is no ride at the end of this wait. Just let me off! I'm only 40 or so yards from the exit, but sometimes I have to sit there for 5-10 minutes waiting.

What are you favorite and/or least favorite lines to wait in?

samsma
03-01-2007, 12:30 PM
jcruise,we all knew your'e least favorite lines from your past posts!HA!
My least favorite thing to wait in line for is FOOD and WATER!
When your'e hungry/thirsty, you have NO patience(at least I don't).
I also don't like to wait for a table, after I have made a PS arrangement!
But I do admit, I would much rather be in any line at Disney, than the morning line in my house for coffee beforeWORK!

disneyshoes
03-01-2007, 12:40 PM
I love to wait in line for Pirates and the Haunted Mansion; so exciting waiting to get in :) and never too long.

Least favorite is Soaring and Space Mountain- love the rides hate the wait.

disneyperson
03-01-2007, 12:43 PM
I won't wait in the line for Peter Pan. Those packed in switchbacks make me feel trapped.

MagicKingdomBoy
03-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Lines I Like: Any line Under 30 minutes.

Lines I Hate: Any line Over 30 minutes.
:)

futurecm21
03-01-2007, 02:40 PM
I know this isn't at Disneyland, but I really love the lines for Pirates of the Caribbean at the Magic Kingdom. And yes, IMO it is different than the entrance to the New Orleans Sqaure Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland.

In Disneyland, I do like the line for the Many Adventures of Winny The Pooh, because its usually short, and relatively shaded. Also, another favorite, when it isn't too hot, is the line for the Jungle Cruise.

At nightime, you can't beat the Indiana Jones Adventure.:)

futurecm21

jeffthechef
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
The que for Indy is the best! When lines are short, it really feels as though you are missing out on all of the detail through the queue. Has anyone elso spotted the 5' hidden Mickey and the outline on Indiana Jones on the opposite wall? How about the copy of "of Mice and Men" in the cage? The list goes on....

disneyroxxx
03-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Indiana Jones! The line is almost as thrilling as the ride! Except when you have to wait two hours...

I also think the TOT line is cool, with the hidden messages everywhere, and the creepy boiler room.

I hate the autopia line, dumbo line, and peter pan line. I hate the rat maze thing you have to zig zag through.

Remember those rocket rods? Now THAT ride had the worst lines, especially when it first came out!

Bytebear
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Monsters, Inc. queue has a lot to be desired, particularly when it it just a repaint of Superstar Limo. I am also not thrilled with Space Mountain until you get into the building. Chains and poles? C'mon, Disney can do better! I went to a museum a while back and they had a hallway that was basically a bridge through a larger tube, but the tube was painted black and had little points of lights, and the room looked like you were walking in outer space. It was such a cool effect, and I thought it would have been perfect for the Space Mountain queue.

kkmickey
03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Aaaaaargh - I just had horrible flashbacks of the . . .
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
ROCKET RODS!!!!!!!!!!

:D kkmickey

The Evil Queen
03-01-2007, 08:26 PM
:eek: Without a doubt, Storybook Land Canal Boats. AARGH!:eek:

MadasaHatter
03-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Favorite lines are

1. ROGER RABBITT....I think the line is as cool or COOLER than the ride and I hate when people want to run thru it.....

2. I definitely like the STAR TOURS line better than the ride now.

3. I looooove the detail on the JUNGLE CRUISE

4. I loooove the Indiana Jones line better than the ride now at this point too.

5. The lobby of the TOT is absolutely fantastic.

IdahoMike
03-02-2007, 08:18 AM
I love the line for Indy, but I still fastpass it 100% of the time. I also enjoy Pirates and Haunted Mansion, and those lines are rarely ever too long to wait in. Big Thunder has some nice effects as well.

I'm going to tell the future, and say I HATE the line for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage :D

rokketride
03-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Judging by that other thread, a lot of us hate waiting to enter the parking garage.

jeffthechef
03-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Haunted Mansion during the Holiday overlay. The music is the best ever!

houseofmouse
03-02-2007, 01:34 PM
My least favorite, definately Autopia! That room with the Chevron cars drives me nuts after a while and can really smell in the summer! :p

I love Haunted Mansions line! I don't mind Jungle Cruise either.

disneylandlvr13
03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
i love buzz lightyear and soarin' and indy
i hate any dark rides in fantasyland when there long!!

futurecm21
03-02-2007, 05:48 PM
i hate any dark rides in fantasyland when there long!!

I agree with you, this seems to be a problem with just about all of the Fantasyland rides. the line for Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Peter Pans Flight, and Storybookland Canal Boats are the worst, but they all seem to have the same problem(s).:)

futurecm21

potzbie
03-02-2007, 09:55 PM
SHORTEST QUEUE, ALWAYS: Snow White's Scary Adventures

MOST INTERESTING QUEUE: Roger Rabbit

COOLEST QUEUE (i.e., low temperature): SOARIN' OVER CALIFORNIA

Enter The Mouse
03-03-2007, 08:07 AM
My favorite queues are TOT, Indiana Jones, and Splash Mountain.

I don't like the queues for Autopia, Peterpan, and Space Mountain.

rentayenta
03-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Good: ISAW exit. I don't ming hanging out in the boat for a few minutes while they unload. :geek: Indy, fun stuff! Splash, my kids love reading the signs. HM, tombstones names are clever. POTC, love the chlroine smell once inside.

Bad: RR, bugs me for some reason. My kids and DH like it but me, not so much. Gadget's Go Coaster, looooooooong line for short ride but the kids have fun.

gibson510
03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I like standing in line for Indy and POTC. Splash Mountain can be okay as long as the line isnt totally outrageous. Waiting in line for Big Thunder at night is fun. Star Tours and Space Mountain is always a fun line.

Cindarelly
03-03-2007, 04:00 PM
I won't wait in the line for Peter Pan. Those packed in switchbacks make me feel trapped.

I feel like that too but my wanting to ride peter pan makes me wait every time. lol

disney jones
03-03-2007, 04:08 PM
worst is for food, Autopia because the FP ain't that fast, the wait for the trams coming and going, and when you pass the first height check with a borderline child, then right before you board, they measure again and the child fails.

the highest anxiety is waiting for a character, knowing that they're close to their break and you'll either make or miss it by a person or two.

the good stuff: waiting in line in the morning to get in the front gates, or anytime to get in the front gates, because those lines move fast. The Matterhorn because that line moves fast and i love the yoddling.

Start Tours, RR, and Indiana Jones are well-themed queues, but i'd rather walk-on than wait in them.

mariezp
03-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Peter Pan my least favorite! It seems like it takes forever and being stuck in such close quarters really stinks! LITERALLY. Last time we were next to a woman with too much perfume, UGH!

Pirates is good even if it is long because it usually goes so fast.