PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Plan

JimmyTheGreenCricket
06-06-2002, 06:19 AM
We purchased the Disney Dining Plan for our trip. Does anyone have any experience with this? I think it works out to be about $8 per adult per meal and $6 per child. Seems like a good deal.

Can we get into any restraunt we want? Is there any we should avoid?

Thanks,
Jimmy

MouseWife
06-06-2002, 08:02 AM
I'm curious.

Did you buy this with a 'package deal', or just by staying at the resort?

JimmyTheGreenCricket
06-06-2002, 08:50 AM
I bought it as part of the package. We will be staying at the Fairfield. It is a fairly discreet button when setting up your package. I customized it and found the option. As far as I can tell it looks like it will save us money and hassle.

Actually, I called in the order to DL reservations after browsing pricing and such.

I think it is optional even with staying at a resort.

Jimmy

mickeymom
06-06-2002, 10:20 AM
I'm interested in this...WDW's is like $55 per day each!

mousey_girl
06-06-2002, 10:24 AM
I looked at the dining plans and they were way tooooo restrictive to be worth the cost...

MammaSilva
06-06-2002, 10:31 AM
I have to say that the Disneyland plan is MUCH different than WDW plans, what is going to happen is you are going to get a pile of little coupons that 'look' like tickets, each one will have a monetary value printed on it, there is a list of places that accept them, basically all the restaurants/fast food/ODV will accept them, but it doesn't give you a break on the 'real' food prices, what a very nice CM taught us first time we used them was order whatever food we were planning to, then pay with the coupons up to the point where if you were paying with cash you'd get change, like if it is 27 dollars, you give them 25 in coupons and pay the 2 dollars in cash, otherwise if you give them 30 dollars in value in coupons you just gave disney 3 bucks because they do NOT give change for the dining coupons....they don't work in some of the places that aren't "food" service, but overall they worked fine thanks to the CM that clued us in that first day.....

Dave Z
06-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Here's something Kevin Yee did about a year ago. Click! (http://www.mouseplanet.com/chef/disney-dining.htm) I don't know if it has changed since then.

JimmyTheGreenCricket
06-07-2002, 08:12 AM
Everyone,

Thanks for the info. I am cancelling the Dining Plan. There does not seem to be any real value with this plan.

Jimmy