PDA

View Full Version : 2~3 Birthday

JimmyTheGreenCricket
06-06-2002, 05:03 AM
I have been searching around the boards a little and am new here, so please bear with me if the question has been asked before.

We are going to DL for a few days before the 4th of July and it happens to be on my daughters birthday from 2~3 years old. Heirin lies the issues....maybe

1) I would like to go to the City Hall to get the birthday sticker. Is that what it is? But after that, will they want to charge us for everything everywhere we go after we get her pass? After all she is three now.

2) We are going to Minnies Breakfast before we enter the park. She loves Minnie, is there any way to get her to come over to her and sing happy birthday to her?

3) Where is Minnies breakfast located?

Any other things we should be on the look out for to help her out on on her day?

Thanks,
Jimmy

DisneylandKid
06-06-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by JimmyTheGreenCricket
1) I would like to go to the City Hall to get the birthday sticker. Is that what it is? But after that, will they want to charge us for everything everywhere we go after we get her pass? After all she is three now.
No, they should charge you.

2) We are going to Minnies Breakfast before we enter the park. She loves Minnie, is there any way to get her to come over to her and sing happy birthday to her?
You can get Minnie to definitely come over to your table, but I don't think that the actual character could sing happy birthday. You guys could do it and Minnie could be there for it.

3) Where is Minnies breakfast located?
Minnie's Breakfast is located at the PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier Hotel.

mousey_girl
06-06-2002, 10:22 AM
First thing I would like to say is make your reservations NOW!
Character dining fills up quickly!
We have done the dining at PCH and DLH. Our first experience at PCH for Minnie's breakfast was great! Lots of involvment with the characters. The 2nd wasn't so great. We were placed in tehback of the room near the windows, our waiter forgot about us (for drinks). Minnie didn't make it to our table. Pluto made it and had a seat with The Boy when The Hubby and I were getting our plates.

I really enjoyed Goofy's Kitchen. Our waitress was terrific! She saw The Boy's B-day button and went out of her way to get the characters to the table, she even brought out a cupcake with a candle and the charaters sang Happy B-day to him (well, the Mad Hatter sang the Un-B-day song). The face characters are the only ones who can actually talk and sing. We had the Mad Hatter, Esmerelda, Baloo and Goofy at the table while he blew out his candle. Don't expect the cupcake tho, usually it is something that you have to order in advance and pay extra for it. We didn't ask the waitress for this service, she did it all on her own (our tip reflected all of her efforts).

You didn't mention where you were staying.. The DLR hotels give an actual button/pin thingy upon check-in. If you aren't staying on property then you will need to go to City Hall.

Make any dining reservations now. I can't emphasize this enough. I waited until the week before we left to call and most of the times I wanted were booked and had been booked for weeks. You are going during peak times so prepare to wait.

JimmyTheGreenCricket
06-07-2002, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the info Mousey. Made reservations yesterday... Yeah they are booked up.