PDA

View Full Version : Room Upgrade Possibilities...

Pat-n-Eil
03-01-2007, 08:17 AM
I've broached this subject before, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this.

We are booked for June 26th through the 29th at the Grand Californian. My folks are arriving there on Monday the 25th. They booked a theme park view but I did not. I'm looking for the right strategy when I arrive on Tuesday morning to get our rooms (2) near my folks. I made the request when I booked the rooms, but I want to see if there is anything else I can do.

It is possible that they could give me the same floor and across the hall which is likely not a theme park view.. or maybe even room upgrades to be next to my folks. Any advice out there?

neverlander
03-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Can your folks call you on the 25th to let you know what room they're in? You could then call the hotel and request a particular room or floor. I don't know how far ahead they assign these, but last time we checked in and requested a fourth floor room upon arrival, the CM said our room was already assigned to the third floor. (Based on the look she gave me, I didn't press it!)
When I realized that we were in the same room as the year before, I remembered that I did mention that room # while debating with a CM on the phone. She said you could only see the fireworks from the DD view rooms, and I mentioned that we were in 3345 and could see half of them, which was just fine. I believe at that time, she just put in that particular room # I mentioned as my request rather than the wing I was asking for. (So based on that assumption and information, I was actually pleased to know that I could probably request a particular room # in the future!)
Would you mind letting us know what happens because we've also considered meeting friends/family there and wondered about the likelihood of getting rooms close together?
Good luck!

jeffthechef
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
The best luck I've had with the resort hotels is to start by being freindly with the desk clerk. After some chit chat, ask how busy they are going to be during your stay. If they indicate that they are not, ask about the possibility of upgrading the room. State what you are specifically after- a quiet room, higher room, better view, etc.. By doing it this way, you have backed them into a corner and they would have to come up with a good reason why you cannot be switched. Good luck...

kikid
03-02-2007, 05:12 AM
I've broached this subject before, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this.

We are booked for June 26th through the 29th at the Grand Californian. My folks are arriving there on Monday the 25th. They booked a theme park view but I did not. I'm looking for the right strategy when I arrive on Tuesday morning to get our rooms (2) near my folks. I made the request when I booked the rooms, but I want to see if there is anything else I can do.

It is possible that they could give me the same floor and across the hall which is likely not a theme park view.. or maybe even room upgrades to be next to my folks. Any advice out there?
I've stayed at the Grand several times and have never had a problem with requesting a room at check in. I always arrive before noon and ask very politely for a view or quiet area. They are soooo nice and will do anything to make your stay pleasant.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-02-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm shameless, when I make the reservations, call back to confirm, arrive, any time I have contact with a CM if it is a special occasion, I make sure they know. For my DD 5th birthday we were upgraded upon arrival to a lower floor theme park view. It was fantastic.

Birthdays, anniversaries, once in a lifetime family vacations, if there is something special going on, I make sure they are aware of it.

MermaidHair
03-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Is it possible for your FOLKS to mention that you want to be near them when they check in? Y'now something like "We are really excited about our theme park view but want to be near our kids too. Can you check their reservation and see if they can be near us?" Seems like requesting this even a day early would help.

Just a thought.