PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Board of Directors

Pages : [1] 2

Gemini Cricket
06-06-2002, 02:07 AM
Does Disneyland have a Board of Directors?

If so, does anyone know who they are?

If not, does anyone know the names of the Walt Disney Company's Board of Directors?

I'm not sure if I've asked this before. I apologize if this is a repeat thread.

:)

btw... It's my 2000th post. :)I'm a Mega-Disney-Dork!:D

cemeinke
06-06-2002, 06:53 AM
I don't think Disneyland has a Board of Directors, but the Disney Company sure does. You can see their bios by checking out the "fact book" on this page (http://disney.go.com/corporate/investors/financials/factbook.html) and slecting the Board of Directors menu on the top.

Iceman
06-06-2002, 07:08 AM
How do you know how many posts you have?

MonorailMan
06-06-2002, 07:18 AM
Hit the Profile button below one of your posts.

Gemini Cricket
06-06-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by cemeinke
I don't think Disneyland has a Board of Directors, but the Disney Company sure does. You can see their bios by checking out the "fact book" on this page (http://disney.go.com/corporate/investors/financials/factbook.html) and slecting the Board of Directors menu on the top.
Thank you!
Here they are:

Walt Disney Company Board of Directors:

Board of Directors

Reveta F. Bowers1,2,4
Head of School
Center for Early Education

John E. Bryson123
Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
Edison International

Roy E. Disney3
Vice Chairman
The Walt Disney Company

Michael D. Eisner3
Chairman of the Board and
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company

Judith L. Estrin1,5
President and Chief Executive Officer
Packet Design, LLC

Stanley P. Gold2,4,5
President and Chief Executive Officer
Shamrock Holdings, Inc.

Robert A. Iger123
President and Chief Operating Officer
The Walt Disney Company

Monica C. Lozano1
La Opinión

George J. Mitchell5
Chairman
Verner, Liipfert, Bernard, McPherson and Hand

Thomas S. Murphy1,2,3
Former Chairman
Capital Cities/ABC, Inc.

Leo J. O’Donovan, S.J.1
President Emeritus
Georgetown University

Sidney Poitier2,4
Chief Executive Officer
Verdon-Cedric Productions, Ltd.

Robert A.M. Stern123
Senior Partner
Robert A.M. Stern Architects

Andrea L. Van de Kamp1,2,5
Chairman
Sotheby’s West Coast

Raymond L. Watson1,2,3
Vice Chairman
The Irvine Company

Gary L. Wilson5
Chairman
Northwest Airlines Corporation

Corporate Executive Officers

Michael D. Eisner
Chairman of the Board and
Chief Executive Officer

Roy E. Disney
Vice Chairman of the Board

Robert A. Iger

Peter E. Murphy
Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Strategic Officer

Thomas O. Staggs
Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer

Louis M. Meisinger
Executive Vice President and General Counsel

Key:
1 =Member of Audit Committee
2 =Member of Compensation Committee
3 =Member of Executive Committee
4 =Member of Executive Performance
Subcommittee of the Compensation
Committee
5 =Member of Governance and
Nominating Committee

---------------------------------------------------

Now, to find out what their mailing addresses are.

:cool: GC

RStar
06-14-2002, 12:43 PM
Or home addresses and phone numbers. Maybe we can really get their attention!:eek:

Just kidding;)

Lost Boy
06-14-2002, 07:24 PM
We already have.

Wait until August is all I can say.

But things may get reall good around then.

Sorry, but I am not going to make a statement and then get flamed for saying something I am not at liberty to say where I got it from, other than very, very high up.

Just wait.

If all goes as planned, we will all be dancing a jig in August.

:D :D :D :D

Tigertail777
06-15-2002, 08:54 AM
Hey lostboy, does that mean they will be hiring Imagineers and artist preparators again? and if so, where would be the best place to apply?

Not Afraid
06-15-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
We already have.

Sorry, but I am not going to make a statement and then get flamed for saying something I am not at liberty to say where I got it from, other than very, very high up.

Just wait.

There is (and has been) a lot of misinformation posted on the board, but I have always trusted your information, Lost Boy. I'm cleaning the cobwebs off of my dancing shoes so they'll be ready to use come August. :cool:

Also, the board members list of like playing six degrees of separation. :eek:

Lost Boy
06-15-2002, 07:50 PM
It has nothing to do with Imagineers per se, but they might be affected. What is going to happen is much higher up.

HBTiggerFan
06-15-2002, 08:43 PM
Like a total restructuring of upper management? Should we be getting out our waving gloves and kleenex to wish certain people farewell?

Lost Boy, I don't recall a time where you have been way off, so I trust you. And I am cleanin up those shoes and taking dancing lessons.

Lost Boy
06-16-2002, 06:31 PM
All I can do is hope and pray that my source, and this person works Security within all the studios, is correct. The information caused all of us that heard it to stop and all go thru jaw dropping and other stuff. I wish I could tell you but I don't want to get hopes up and then have something happen at the last minute which will turn things around. All I can say is that if and when this happens in August, the Disney Family Magic will be back in charge of everything. And the Darker Ones will be gone. For good. And please, no jokes about Walt being unfrozen and all that. It isn't funny anymore and it is in bad taste. I happen to revere Walt Disney and take great hurt everytime someone does these truly tasteless jokes. We all know that Walt Disney is gone, burried in a cemetary and won't be coming back. Enough Said.

JRob2k1
06-17-2002, 02:52 PM
While this seems very flakey....You have provided excellent material in the past Lost Boy, and i have no reasons to doubt you. So just for the fact, this thread deserves a bump!

As for the rest, only time will tell...

-JRob

Morrigoon
06-17-2002, 05:47 PM
Lost Boy: I hope you are proved right! I very greatly wish you to be right!

AliKzam
06-17-2002, 05:59 PM
Your message is like a riddle and sort of makes me scared. But everything's going to be okay, right?
August is six weeks away...

Lost Boy
06-17-2002, 06:32 PM
IF this happens, and all the signs are pointing in the right direction at the moment, we will all be so very happy we will burst with joy. I know the four of use who were told this over lunch could hardly finish eating we were so flabbergasted at what we heard.

I can't say any more. And I am purposly making riddles so those of you clever enough to know the way I write things, can probably figure it out, just don't post it. We wouldn't want the wrong "People" to see it. Disney folk do read these boards.

RStar
07-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Well, if things are turned around (and I know who did it last time) we will need to have a Padder Party at DL! I can't wait:D ! I hope you are right.

RStar
07-01-2002, 03:53 PM
And please, no jokes about Walt being unfrozen and all that. It isn't funny anymore and it is in bad taste. I happen to revere Walt Disney and take great hurt everytime someone does these truly tasteless jokes. We all know that Walt Disney is gone, burried in a cemetary and won't be coming back. Enough Said.

I agree with you 100%, and respect you for saying it.
Enough said.

stevemo
07-01-2002, 04:00 PM
What, are they going to thaw out Walt?

HBTiggerFan
07-01-2002, 06:03 PM
I want to add to this, that my CM friend is talking about "something big happening in August". But I'm sure he has no idea what, but rumors are flooding the mill :D Yippee! August is almost here!

We already have.

Just wait.

space101
07-01-2002, 06:08 PM
Let me guess...Al has been nomintaed for Annual Passholder of the month?:D

Gemini Cricket
07-01-2002, 06:08 PM
Thank you for the tip, Lost Boy.
At the very least, we all have hope for things to get better again.
We all love reading what you have to say about Disneyland and Walt. Your admiration of Walt is amazing.

Lost Boy
07-01-2002, 06:25 PM
I do have some bad news. I don't think what I was told was going to happen is going to happen. Somebody got some bad information, or I am misreading something else and it may happen. But from what I read the other day in a newspaper article, the dates given me don't match what was printed in the paper. I am still reluctant to say anything and I am still hoping that it may happen, but I am not counting on it as much as I was. All we can do is wait. If I hear anything at all, I will post it just as soon as I can either way. I will either tell you put on the dancing shows or put them away for now. Time will tell, and even if it doesn't happen this August, something may happen, just a little later than I had hoped.

My admiration of Walt Disney is boundless. I revere the man and even though I never met him, I still feel like he was the greatest man who ever lived. He, litterly, changed the world as we know it with his wonderful imagination and his little friend, Mickey (whom I also love very much).

JasonWorrel
08-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Lost Boy-

Any update on this? I read on another site that Walt's daughter is buying up lot's of shares in Disney. Seems like something is about to happen.

thekirk
08-09-2002, 09:30 PM
I pray she buys all of Disney! ;) I'm tired of worrying about Disney. I pray that something good happens! And soon! I just stepped into my Disney geekness 5 months or so ago, and don't know about all the business hisory.....but I just hope the Dinsey family comes back, into more control! LET US PRAY!