PDA

View Full Version : Villain Mtn/Buzz Lightyear

BJW
06-05-2002, 11:57 PM
I had a couple question that I wondered if anyone here knew the answers to? Al's updates have been mentioning some kind of rehab for the river/Tom Sawyer's Island area. When they do the large rehab that's been talked about where they drain the water in the river is there any plan on installing the Villain Mountain attraction? I know this was talked about on a lot of message boards two years ago but I haven't heard it mentioned lately. Have they thrown all the plans for this totally out the window? Al mentioned the redisgned rides for the 50th annivarsary and that Tomorrowland may not get anymore improvements until after 2006, but does that include the rest of the park? Also, what about the Buzz Lightyear ride David Koenig said was greenlighted for the old Cirlclevision building? Does this mean that this ride will have to wait until after 2006 as well?

DisneylandKid
06-06-2002, 05:22 AM
I sure hope we don't have to wait until 2006 for Tomorrowland to get some new attractions. Even though that is only 4 years in the future, the "New" Tomorrowland of '98 was only 4 years in the past and that seems very long ago :).

As for Villain Mountain, I highly doubt it.

Ace
06-06-2002, 07:51 PM
I think someone should explain what Villain Mountain is (or would be, I suppose.) For people who don't know.... like me.

Nigel2
06-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Well they (I think disney even said this) said that CV would be coming back (temp, just to show America the Beautiful) but nothing happend. The building apprently isn't going through any construction. Odds are the reason they decided to not open it was because it would cost too much and the exit would be too small. Oh and I thought villan mtn. was just some idea from here?

BJW
06-07-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Squinky
I think someone should explain what Villain Mountain is (or would be, I suppose.) For people who don't know.... like me.

I suppose I should have explained this more carefully. I initially heard about this on Lance Hart's Screamscape website a couple years ago. I believe it was supposed to be a watercoaster based on the mountain from Fantasia. It was a hot topic on a lot of forums, even the now defunct World of Coasters site. Today you hardly hear about it. Since the rumor said that building it would require draining the lake to build it on the side of the island and have part of the attraction run into Fantasyland, I figured that maybe they decided they would run with it since that rehab is scheduled soon.

coronamouseman
06-07-2002, 04:07 AM
I believe Villian Mt. occupies that same space once inhabited by Geyser Mt. - rumored but without any real substance. At least the older rumored attractions of Thunder Mesa (WDW) and Discovery Bay (DL) were somewhat fleshed out with actual descriptions and creative discussions either secreted from or at least openly discussed by Disney folk.

One thing is for certain - the area currently occupied by the remnants of the old Hunchback Festival of Fools (which really could be considered to stretch down to the riverfront on the West and extend into the area currently occupied by the old abandoned Swiss Skyway building on the East) is really the last "prime" piece of DL property where something major could be built (unless of course someone decides to do major work in Tomorrowland at some time .......)