PDA

View Full Version : Alice In Wonderland

tigga please
02-28-2007, 11:18 AM
has anyone checked this out since its refurb? i heard it kicks major butt!
:confused: :D :geek: :eek: :confused:
oh and my apologies to anyone who instant messaged me from this site looking for advice on Disneyland trips. Ive been moving :mad:

JookyG
02-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Was it a major refurb? Were there changes to the ride, or just a major clean & repaint job? One of my fave dark rides, can't wait to ride it in April!

just beatla33
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
looked the same old thing to me

Vegitabeta
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
I never knew this had had a major refurb? When was it?

tigga please
02-28-2007, 04:00 PM
another site reports:

Everything's been freshly painted and touched up. Everything's brighter, sharper, weirder. First off are TWO (2!) brand new fully animated Cheshire Cat heads done with the same kinda high definition projector stuff that's used all over the Hunny Hunt attraction in Tokyo. This is much smaller scale, but still very vibrant and beautifully integrated. The smoking caterpillar now breathes out working 'smoke' and has it form in full-color full-motion high definition animated letters. It's absolutely awesome, and is the best this effect has ever looked.

Did I mention that every single flower AA is working, mouths all synced to the Golden Afternoon? This is the first time I've seen it working it over 10 years.

As everyone has mentioned, there is a brand new (again, fully animated) hedgehog-as-a-bouncy-ball sequence, but they still haven't lit that new scrim they obviously installed. I'm guessing it will be lit up to match the vista of the Queen of Heart's castle and her Red Rose garden (which is the next scene.) Anyone know about what they're testing on those new scrims?

And finally, the trippy descent to the "Merry Unbirthday" now also has an upgraded projection: a brand new, fully animated "cloud circle thing" , surrounding the Cheshire Cat's laughing (and rocking) disembodied head.

Vegitabeta
03-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Ah cool, thanks for the info!

junglemom
03-01-2007, 03:57 AM
How wonderful. I can't wait to see it. Especially the hedgehog.

lilfaeriebrat
03-01-2007, 07:04 AM
OOOO, I'm going to have to check this out tomorrow when I'm in the park. I love this ride but haven't been on it for awhile.

MadasaHatter
03-01-2007, 08:25 AM
WOW!

Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite stories AND Disney rides and I am very glad to hear that the attention is still being paid to the EXISTING attractions. I cannot wait for Mr. Toad too....hope they update that a bit. Don't get me wrong....I cannot wait for NEMO but hearing that the old faves are still being paid attention too warms the cockles of my heart....PLUS I think you all can tell who my favorite Disney character is.....after all I think we are all a bit mad.........heh heh heh.

tigga please
03-01-2007, 09:10 AM
OOOO, I'm going to have to check this out tomorrow when I'm in the park. I love this ride but haven't been on it for awhile.

please report on this when you get back! :D

backsthepack
03-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Great info! We love this ride and cannot wait to see the new stuff in June.

stan4d_steph
03-01-2007, 10:20 AM
another site reports:Please provide a link rather than copy/pasting from the site. Thank you.

tigga please
03-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Please provide a link rather than copy/pasting from the site. Thank you.

ok cool will do. last time i did that i think i got flamed for posting a link to another website. now i know for next time :)
heres the pudding http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55052

Cindarelly
03-02-2007, 11:35 PM
I was just there and I didn't notice any major refurbishments to the ride. Maybe I've been there too much and I've become too detached and just riding on auto pilot! lol!

tigga please
03-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I was just there and I didn't notice any major refurbishments to the ride. Maybe I've been there too much and I've become too detached and just riding on auto pilot! lol!

thats what im afraid of too. anyone else actually see them or did the refurbs pass before your eyes unnoticed???

DisneyLynn
03-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I haven't noticed any changes!

Maleficent's goon
03-08-2007, 01:51 AM
I only noticed one animated Cheshire--the first one you encounter when he reveals his face. I've didn't notice any changes in the flowers and can't be sure if that revolving cloud around Cheshire's face at the end is new(?) However the hedgehog has new animation and Caterpillar also does have his smoke letters projected now...WHO...R...U

disney jones
03-08-2007, 02:49 AM
anyone else actually see them or did the refurbs pass before your eyes unnoticed???
my advice:

Go ask Alice (when she's ten feet tall)

:D

Vegitabeta
03-08-2007, 03:22 AM
I think we need to send someone in there with a camera...

tigga please
03-08-2007, 07:51 AM
I think we need to send someone in there with a camera...

if no one does by May, ill do it.

my advice:

Go ask Alice (when she's ten feet tall)

:D

id like to "feed my head" with a churro right now

tinker3
03-08-2007, 12:20 PM
thats what im afraid of too. anyone else actually see them or did the refurbs pass before your eyes unnoticed???

I am sorry to say the refurb went unnoticed to us. :confused: We were there in early Feb. and I didn't notice anything different, although I didn't know specifically what to look for. In fact, on the day we rode it, it was actually kinda dirty (spilled soda, gum etc.) I was kinda surprised. I am sure it was just a end of the day thing, & it probably looked great the next morning!

POTCpurist
03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
I too love Alice in Wonderland, and am looking forward to seeing all of this. I have a trip planned on the 18th, so I'll take special care to check out the insides!

Donald Duck Fan68
03-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I guess they nixed the idea of adding a loop. Bummer.

jMom
03-08-2007, 08:56 PM
I heard the ride goes backwards now. :p ;) :fez: