PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian - any discounts?

Hi-Ho
02-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Is there any way (certain travel websites, etc.) to get any sort of discount on a room at Grand Californian? We would LOVE to stay there, but I have a hard time paying $350/night minimum. Appreciate any feedback!

Wendi
02-28-2007, 09:28 AM
If you have an AP you can get a standard discount anytime, and once in a while you can get an "AP Nights" rate which is highly discounted. A few times a year you can get deals like "4th night free". Check out www.getawaytoday.com and www.costco.com to see what their rates are. Sometimes you will get a disney gift card with a package deal too. AAA may offer package discounts as well, but most of the time they are higher in price, they do offer free parking though, so that may factor into your decision if the prices are about the same everywhere. Check out Expedia and Travelocity too.

Hi-Ho
02-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks! How significant are discounts if you are an AP?

Jungle Cruiser
02-28-2007, 10:08 AM
The standard AP discount is 10% of the standard rate.

nickapoohiluvu
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
If someone in your party is over the age of sixty, you can get a 30 percent senior citizen discount. We're staying at the Paradise Pier Concierge Level in September, using my Dad as a discount! :fez: I can't wait!

disneyshoes
02-28-2007, 01:45 PM
If someone in your party is over the age of sixty, you can get a 30 percent senior citizen discount. We're staying at the Paradise Pier Concierge Level in September, using my Dad as a discount! :fez: I can't wait!

Yeah; that is a great discount :) We are going with my parents and staying at the DLR with the senior rate!

Crazy4DL
02-28-2007, 01:49 PM

Oh really!?!? Do you call the DLR hotels directly for that rate? My husband is over 60! Yippie! :D :p

disneyshoes
02-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Oh really!?!? Do you call the DLR hotels directly for that rate? My husband is over 60! Yippie! :D :p
Yes- call directly...it is not available with the online booking. Also, you are allowed to book up to 2 rooms with one senior in the party! Perfect for us we have a room for us and another for my parents :)

Hi-Ho
02-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Shoot! No one over 60 between the two of us. Thanks for the tip though...what about us poor 30-somethings? We get no discount love? :-)

MermaidHair
02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow, that is the first I have heard of the senior discount. Cool! I will not be heading to DL until 5/2008 but I was thinking of invilting my MIL on that trip. Now I am going to!:D

samkj
02-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Isn't the senior discount only 10%?

Crazy4DL
02-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes- call directly...it is not available with the online booking. Also, you are allowed to book up to 2 rooms with one senior in the party! Perfect for us we have a room for us and another for my parents :)

Oh thank you! One time an older husband might be a good thing. :D :p ;)

disneyshoes
02-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Isn't the senior discount only 10%?
I was quoted 30% for the senior and 10 or 15 for AAA. I can't quite remember the AAA rate...after I heard the senior I booked it!