PDA

View Full Version : My car was hit in Disneyland parking structure last night

DadandFamily
02-27-2007, 05:20 PM
When I got home from DL last night, I discovered an elongated dent behind the drivers door near the window. The truck parked next to me at DL was elevated, one of the few vehicles capable of making such a dent, and capable of making such a dent. That truck was gone when we left DL.

Does anyone have a phone number of Disneyland parking where I would report such an accident? Perhaps they caught it on their cameras. Thanks.

h_lehmann
02-27-2007, 06:19 PM
I imagine that Disney has lots of video cameras located in the parking garage, but the chances of them having a video recording that has a view of the side of your car and the other cars license plate is probably one in a thousand.

Call your insurance company, tell them someone bashed in the side of your car, and take it from there.

GusMan
02-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Call your insurance company, tell them someone bashed in the side of your car, and take it from there.
Ditto, they will tell you what you need to do from this point out, or they will take care of it themselves. Being that it was on private property, chances are, you will not need to get the police involved.

jcruise86
02-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Sorry about that!
Of course they should have left a note.
That driver probably had kids who were taught through that incident to be as irresponsible as their parent.
Again, sorry.

ralfrick
02-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Ditto, they will tell you what you need to do from this point out, or they will take care of it themselves. Being that it was on private property, chances are, you will not need to get the police involved.
I got hit on private property, and the police wouldn't even come out. However, the DMV still expected a report, so I'd also ask your insurance company about this.

A bientot.

dsnydon
02-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Disney will not do a accident report between private parties. You will need to file a police report with your police department for your insurance.

SifuJustin
02-28-2007, 09:52 AM
3 Good reasons :

1) People are pretty stupid. They are so much into their own little world they could have pulled out and not even have known they hit (My number 1 complaint about going to Disneyland. People totally leave their brains at home. How many times has a stroller or person in a wheel chair run right into me? How many times does some idiot in line run into me as it moves forward. I am 6'3", 300lbs. How can you not see me standing in front of you? And you run into me every time the line moves forward. I have been pushed to the point that I was so mad, I turned around and said into a loud voice "are you trying to have sex with me or trying to actually walk through me?")

2) People are irresponsible. So any will drive away if they can get away with it.

3) Massive numbers of uninsured drivers in California. Why do you think there are so many hit and run accidents. No license, no insurance.

As you can see...my fellow man drives my blood pressure up very often.

Me

Bolivar
02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Years ago I came back to my car and the front right side was bashed in. The car parked next to me had my paint on his bumper and the height and shape of his bumper matched the dent in my car. This was on a public street that had diagonal parking. I didn't even bother calling the police because the SFPD won't respond to any accident unless there are injuries. I did take down the licence number and drove to the nearest police station to report it. They told me that unless I saw it happen, there was nothing to be done. They said it didn't matter if my paint was on the bumper, that I couldn't prove it was my paint, just paint of the same color. I said that on TV shows they test the paint and show that it matches, he just laughed at me. He wouldn't even take the report. Well, that isn't true, he said he would take the report, but that it would just be put into a filing cabinet and no action would ever be taken on it. He made it very clear that he didn't want to do the report and that doing it was a complete waste of time.

Tinkermommy
02-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I came out to the parking structure one night and found that the van parked behind my Toyota had its front license plate shoved right into my bumper, where it left two dents. Not only did they hit my car, but they walked away with their vehicle still pressed against mine. I had to pull forward to see the damage.

I was incredibly angry, but realized there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. So I left a note under their windshield wiper (which I REALLY wanted to break off...) telling them what they'd done. Pointless, I know.

I'm finding more and more that when I go anywhere, especially Disneyland, my sedan is surrounded by oversized vehicles that don't have any wiggle room in their own parking spaces. My doors are repeatedly getting dinged, and I can't see around these vehicles to back out. (The last time I was at Disneyland, I got stuck parking in the exit lane, with an enormous pickup next to me. When it was time to leave, I actually had to stop a family walking to their car and ask them to tell me when it was clear to back out -- and the man ended up having to stop the exiting traffic, or we'd probably still be there. :rolleyes: )

It's gotten to the point that when a CM points me to a parking space next to one of these behemoths, I skip a space. I know it annoys the parking people, but I'm sick of getting my car banged up!

ILovePoker
02-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I said that on TV shows they test the paint and show that it matches, he just laughed at me.
Believe me when I say those shows are "make believe."

backsthepack
03-03-2007, 05:03 AM
That really stinks! I hate parking structures!

I had a friend that use to carry notes in her car (she ran them off on the copy machine and carried plenty at all times). When she would come back to her car to find a vehicle parked too close and she could barely squeeze into her seat she would put a not on the wind shield. It read "Next time leave a *&*$^&@ can opener". I am sure it never made a difference, but she was able to vent.

newhdplayer
03-03-2007, 08:09 AM
That really stinks! I hate parking structures!

I had a friend that use to carry notes in her car (she ran them off on the copy machine and carried plenty at all times). When she would come back to her car to find a vehicle parked too close and she could barely squeeze into her seat she would put a not on the wind shield. It read "Next time leave a *&*$^&@ can opener". I am sure it never made a difference, but she was able to vent.

Is that the note with Mickey giving the "one-digit" salute? I've seen those flaoting around.

disney jones
03-03-2007, 05:39 PM
wasn't me. i just run into ankles with my stroller.

(sorry though for your hassle.)

samsma
03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
wasn't me. i just run into ankles with my stroller.

So YOUR'E the one!!!!!!

mw9955
03-04-2007, 09:39 AM
That totally sucks about the hit and run.. I am a police officer in California (formerly Hawaii), and this is our policy about minor traffic collisions:

Minor damages with no injuries and all parties involved stayed on scene - no report, they just exchange information whether on private property or not.

Minor damages and it was a hit and run on private property or not - we respond and take a report IF the reporting person wants one. This is usually needed by insurance companies if you are filing a claim. The thing is, with no witnesses or cameras, there's not much we can do about it and you'll still have to pay your deductible.

If you would've stayed with your car (at the scene it happened) and demanded a report because of the hit and run, someone would've (eventually) responded. A hit and run is a crime, but a minor accident where there are no damages and information was exchanged or a note left is not a crime.

Hope that helps for the future.

crrees
03-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Believe me when I say those shows are "make believe."

You are right those shows are make believe, but it is possible. The technology is called HPLC and Mass spectroscopy. A forensic scientist at my university is doing research on extracting dyes from clothes and running "scans" on them. It seems as though extremely conclusive evidence cannot be found but a high probability of instance.

As for the car getting hit, im extremely sorry to hear this. if i move out to USC or UCLA im not excited to bring my car because i take careof it so well. Also, im happy to know that when I go to DL i wont have a car and not have to worry about that BS.

I hope karma comes back around for that person and good things happen to you in the future