PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Tunnel To DCA

Ace
06-05-2002, 06:09 PM
In Al's newest update he talks about a connecting tunnel (or something connecting) Disneyland and DCA.... terrible idea. I don't think those two parks should even be across the esplanade from one another....much less CONNECTED.

tabacco
06-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Ah, the trendiness of making fun of DCA. How it amuses me :)

sydney
06-05-2002, 07:53 PM
even in al's update, this seemed like a left field idea, but it's still fun to consider. There's so many things standing in the way of this happening-- don't you think they would offer 1-day park hoppers before combining the parks?

One of the biggest perks of a connecting tunnel/bridge/whatever would be less standing in line when park-hopping. They've got-- what-- almost half a million APs at this point. I'm sure I'm not the only one of them that would appreciate easier hopping.

mousey_girl
06-05-2002, 07:58 PM
Dunno 'bout the combining of the parks... I like DL and what I was able to see of DCA for what they are, and it is nice to have some place else to go when the crowds get to be too much. By combining the parks that will take this away...

merlinjones
06-05-2002, 08:33 PM
I've said it before... and I'll say it again: DCA should be folded into Downtown Disney as part of a massive themed no cover shopping/entertainment experience, adding name stores and food into the current DCA spaces, and keeping only the best rides as individually ticketed venues (or a book of Downtown Disney adventures could buy you the lot). Paradise Pier becomes a separately gated Pleasure Island (adding dance clubs).... problems solved.

In no way should tacky DCA be attached to the real Disneyland.

Ace
06-05-2002, 08:38 PM
it would make a good b-movie...

when they finish the tunnel, lightning strikes the final metal beam and it goes through the ground to Walt's frozen body, and it wakes him up... he procedes to walk through Disneyland, generally being happy with what he sees... then he goes over to the 'other' park, faints, then slaps everyone associated with DCA's buliding before returning to his 'fridge.

Uncle Dick
06-05-2002, 10:08 PM
Actually, there already is a tunnel that connects the two parks.... backstage. It runs beneath the walkway to Harbor Blvd. between the Taxi dropoff/pickup area and the Resort Transportation hub.

Oh, and DCA and Disneyland will never be combined into one park. Too costly. And even if DCA isn't pulling in the expected numbers, the resort as a whole is getting a whole lot more visitors than it would if Disneyland were the only park on the block.

coronamouseman
06-07-2002, 05:44 AM
Idea of a tunnel between parks flies completely in the face of the "2nd gate" philosophy which Disney has so completely embraced for their resorts ...............

Just let Disney get the ToT finished and add a few more rides and all of this talk about DCA being second rate will end - talk can then shift to whether the "3rd gate" park at Strawberry Fields will be of a similar nature ...........