PDA

View Full Version : 5/12/07 AP Food and Wine Festival

Tinkervamp
02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
My husband and I are planning on going. Reservations will start being accepted 3/1. We've never been, but I was wondering what other people's experiences were of this particular event. Good? Bad? Ugly? Do tell.

Heaven Is Disneyland
02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I was interested in going, too. I don't know very much about wine but it really sounds like a great opportunity to learn more.

cstephens
02-26-2007, 10:24 PM
My husband and I are planning on going. Reservations will start being accepted 3/1. We've never been, but I was wondering what other people's experiences were of this particular event. Good? Bad? Ugly? Do tell.

This will be the first time that they're holding it, so there's really nothing to tell yet.

Tinkervamp
02-27-2007, 04:59 AM
:confused: No wonder I couldn't find anything about it when I did a search. I could have sworn I remember some discussion about it a while ago. My bad.

VickiC
02-27-2007, 07:16 AM
It seems overpriced to me, especially as I'd have to pay for a blockout pass. I've been to nice charity events for that price and got to support a cause AND have good food, etc.

danyoung
02-27-2007, 07:33 AM
This will be the first time that they're holding it, so there's really nothing to tell yet.

Au contriaire, mon frair (boy, did I butcher that!) - it's the second one!

What makes the Florida F&W Festival work for me is the many booths that they put up all around the World Showcase. It's really fun to tour around the lagoon, sipping wine and eating tasty morsels from many different lands. Until they do something like that in DCA, I'm not interested.

olegc
02-27-2007, 08:10 AM

I think it's the 1st time for the AP private event (Taste) but the second year of the overall F&W festival.

cstephens
02-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Au contriaire, mon frair (boy, did I butcher that!) - it's the second one!

Ummm, no. Yes, as olegc said, it's the second year of the Food and Wine Festival at DCA, but they didn't have the private AP event last year, so it's the first time for that. From the first post and the specific date mentioned, the person is asking about the AP event, not the festival as a whole, and I don't see that what happened at the festival as a whole last year is going to be any indication of what will happen at the AP event.

danyoung
02-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Consider the matter cleared up.

Maleficent's goon
03-06-2007, 08:30 PM
so did anybody register for the event yet?

Rkkm
03-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I signed up for the AP tasting event. Will go with my husband. Have no idea what to expect - so the adventure-aspect makes it fun already!