PDA

View Full Version : Radisson Main Gate

kafoster
02-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi...I'm new to the forum and we are going to Disneyland Resort the first week of May. I have reservations for the Radisson Main Gate. This will be a free stay since I have points for all three nights. Has anyone been there? The reviews are not that great, so I called the hotel and they said that they would put us into a room with new beds and new carpet. We have been to Disneyland over 25 times in our married life, and stayed everywhere from the Grand Californian to the 3 Musketeers (now torn down to make room for DCA), but I have never been to this hotel. Anyone????

gibson510
02-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Well our stay was not to great. One day the maid didnt provide room service(no made up beds, no new towls). They charged us for a roll away bed that they never brought to our room. Maybe you will have better luck.

lauramaynot
02-26-2007, 02:52 PM
We have stayed there a couple of times...you get what you pay for...a place to sleep. There are not alot of extras and the rooms are small. Every room I have ever stayed in had two double beds not queen sized so it can be a tight squeeze. We haven't stayed there since our baby was born because she sleeps with us and we would never fit in a full size bed.
As for cleanliness, only one time did we get a room that didn't meet our standards and it was immediately remedied with a new room and comp. breakfast for our entire family (five of us at the time so the breakfast cost more than our nights stay) we were also comped breakfast for problems with a faulty door lock on the room so I thought the service was great...
I would rate it somewhere in the middle not the best but better than some...HTH!

spectromen
02-26-2007, 07:49 PM
It's just old and tired. It was a Holiday Inn originally, so you're not getting a "true" Radisson (if there is such a thing) and the towers are disjointed. Restaurant was lousy. One bright spot - there are certain rooms that are a LOT bigger than the norm. I've gotten both those and the standards at various times, so I don't know how to tell you to request it. It's not a suite by any means, but has a lot more square footage than the others. They seem to be near the center of the main tower, but that could have just been my location.

sixwoofys
03-01-2007, 06:06 AM
We must've stayed here 30 or 40 nights over the past 10 years or so. The management was better before it was renovated. We wrote Radisson management about the rude treatment we recieved when our air conditioner quite working in summer in the middle of the night. It was AWFUL. None of us got any sleep - we were all sweating - all night. The windows would not open and they offered us no fans or anything. Finally they sent a VERY RUDE maintenance guy who told us there was nothing wrong with the air but they would move us (at 3 AM) to another room. What a joke. We were already up all night and it would take at least another hour to move us. We declined. It practiclly ruined our entire day at DL the next day. The kids were exausted. The next morning when the "real" maintenance peoople arrived they took off the cover of the AC and it was completly froze up. I got PICTURES. So much for the liar who told us there was nothing wrong with it! We sent them to Corporate and they sent us a coupon for 2 free nights. We chose a DIFFERENT Radisson though. The one on Beach is really nice. Suites for the same price.

Maingate charges for parking too. This is such a stupid scam. You are already a 'guest' and they want to charge you $10.00 per night to park!? What's wrong with this picture?

Then, you have to PAY for the ARM now. It used to be free but now you have to wait at the curb of the street for 20 minutes for the uncomfortable thing (especially if you have kids or strollers - not stroller friendly) and they make you PAY everyday for the ride!!!

Stay at Carousel or I don't know, a hotel closer so you can just walk over to the park. It is WAYYYYY better.

We have points too but we use them at other Radissons - like I said the one next to Medival Times is really nice. Or the one in Santa Barbara!!

jeffthechef
03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
My wife and I stayed there in May, 2002 and had a great time. The room was clean and comfortable with a King size bed and a couch. The best part was the restaurant gave 50% off on lunch and dinner and the discount included alcohol. It was something like $2.50 for a 20oz. Heineken! The food was also great (Veal Oscar). We even brought home a little souvenir...

Sorry to see the place go down hill so much:(

Malcon10t
03-01-2007, 12:43 PM
My son's girlfriends family stayed there over New Years (we were at the Residence Inn.) They were very upset at how small the rooms were and the rudeness of the staff. They said the rooms were not clean and the beds were bad. I felt bad for them, but it was the last place available as they waited to the last minute to book.