PDA

View Full Version : How clean are the rides?

Pages : [1] 2

my2girls
02-26-2007, 10:09 AM
My husband and I were "discussing" how often they clean the rides. My guess would be someone wipes down the rides nightly. The handles never feel sticky or look dirty. He thinks they don't clean them that often. Anyone know?

raediance
02-26-2007, 10:10 AM
clean. =]

Vegitabeta
02-26-2007, 10:11 AM
I thought that they cleaned them every night...Could be wrong though!

just beatla33
02-26-2007, 10:11 AM
they do a nightly sweep. They don't like paint everything or tight nuts and bolts, but they pick up trash and yeah wipe stuff

yohomama212
02-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Also, all the rides that include drops or might pose a crash or fall risk are tested every morning before the park opens! Other than the wet seats on POTC, I can't think of a ride that might be considered dirty.

Liz :cool:

just beatla33
02-26-2007, 10:22 AM
also the rides may look clean, but I seen stuff around the park that can make be a washaphobic, like I seen kids suck on the chains for many of the rides, yeah full on mouth warpped around and licking. Then say a guy "get sick" in the water in small world and the boat following that boat had a guy have his hand in the water scooping up the change and he didn't even know what happen just seconds before. So clean or not, just wash your hands whenever you can.

Vegitabeta
02-26-2007, 10:24 AM
also the rides may look clean, but I seen stuff around the park that can make be a washaphobic, like I seen kids suck on the chains for many of the rides, yeah full on mouth warpped around and licking. Then say a guy "get sick" in the water in small world and the boat following that boat had a guy have his hand in the water scooping up the change and he didn't even know what happen just seconds before. So clean or not, just wash your hands whenever you can.
Yeah, I've seen people in POTC and IASW scooping up water and rubbing it in their faces to cool down...They obviously don't realise how dirty that water is!

hefferdude
02-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Considering DLR is an international destination ( WDW even more so ), we make it a general rule to wash hands about every three non-stage attractions. it helps pace the day anyway. ( Kudos to Happiest Potties !:) )
Not to be insulting to the international community, but DLR does collect germs from a wide range so common sense seems to dictate washing hands.

adriennek
02-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Not to be insulting to the international community, but DLR does collect germs from a wide range so common sense seems to dictate washing hands.

It's not rude - it's practical. It's the reason that we can't be complacent in our medical community. This is one of the reasons I cringe when the anti-vaccination advocates say "oh, but these diseases have been eradicated!" Uhm, no, they have not!

We live in an international society and it's naive to think otherwise.

Adrienne

Tinkermommy
02-26-2007, 01:55 PM
also the rides may look clean, but I seen stuff around the park that can make be a washaphobic, like I seen kids suck on the chains for many of the rides, yeah full on mouth warpped around and licking.

I think I posted this in a previous thread, but you know those parts of the wooden railing in the Peter Pan queue that look like they were once handles from a ship's wheel? I once observed a child licking every one of those as he passed them. Ewww....

jcruise86
02-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Disneyland is a park. The previous passenger on an an attraction may have been a kid who just had fun getting dirty on TS Island. Don't wear light colored khakis, your favorite white polo shirt, or other clothes you would rather not get dirty.

I used to work there and I don't remember ever wiping the attractions at the end of the day. Your butts already accomplish that.

mi_mous
02-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I used to work there and I don't remember ever wiping the attractions at the end of the day. Your butts already accomplish that.

Ewwwww.... that did not put a pretty picture in my head.

futurecm21
02-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, obviously things have gotten just a little bit worse since the days of Walt Disney, but I know when he was in charge, things were repaired and cleaned every day. It used to be, that if something needed new paint, it didn't wait until its annual refurbishment, it was painted that night. Also I am pretty sure things like lap bars, and other hand holds are wiped clean, if not every night, at least a couple of times a week. I do know that the streets at WDW are steam cleaned every night. Pretty amazing huh. I believe that all rides are swept, to collect dust and litter, so don't lose any sleep over their conditions. However as it has been mentioned it is a good idea to wash your hands often.:)
futurecm21

jcruise86
02-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Ewwwww.... that did not put a pretty picture in my head.
Depends on the butt.

my2girls
02-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Oh I carry hand wipes with me. I do have young children and we wash often. We noticed how the streets were clean enough to sit on (but I bring a blanket.) I assumed the rides were as cleaned like the streets. (But realizing 100s of sneezing germ infested people ride them a day.

I would never imagine touching the water around the rides. In my fantasy land the water is purified on an ongoing basis!! People cleaning themseves with it. Now that is GROSS!!

neverlander
02-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Last August the spongy handles on GRR were very sticky. It seemed like the foam had absorbed all the grossness off of everyone's hands. I don't know if they're able to clean those very well since they're porous.
Hand wipes are a must for us. We go through a whole pack a day.
On a positive note, all those cleaner-upper people work so hard! We are always so impressed by the cleanliness of the restrooms. We make a point of looking these hard working CMs in the eye and saying, "Thank you for all your hard work. Everything looks so clean!" (Or something like that.)
We have a phrase among our friends and family whenever we go to a county fair or something like that. We say, "Well, it's not DISNEY CLEAN!"
There IS a difference...
And we do appreciate it!

evrythngwmn
02-26-2007, 08:12 PM
The whole park is still cleaned nightly, attractions included.

mommy-san
02-27-2007, 06:38 AM
When we are at Disneyland, We have a rule in our family:
if we see a bathroom, we go in and use it. No arguing.
I feel that this helps us in two ways... alleviates the ' I have to go peeeee' moments, but this also keeps us all a bit cleaner!
Soap and water is a wonderful thing when you're germ-phobic!

danyoung
02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Just to post for the other, slobb-ier side, I've never carried hand wipes, never wash between attractions,only wash after using the rest room, and have somehow managed to not get the almost eradicated Australian wombat encephilitis. But go with what works for you. . .

The old man
02-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I've seen people in POTC and IASW scooping up water and rubbing it in their faces to cool down...They obviously don't realise how dirty that water is!
I think...I'm going to...vomit.

geoffa
02-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I think...I'm going to...vomit.

Please - not in the water!
You can also get alcohol gel now for cleansing your hands. Disney do chloinate the water on rides but you can't be too careful. Don't forget the most germ ridden part of any bathroom (park or domestic) is usually the door handle!

Vegitabeta
02-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Please - not in the water!
You can also get alcohol gel now for cleansing your hands. Disney do chloinate the water on rides but you can't be too careful. Don't forget the most germ ridden part of any bathroom (park or domestic) is usually the door handle!
True, my friend won't touch the door handles in college!

just beatla33
02-27-2007, 10:09 AM
speaking of things that are clean, is it me or is the men's restroom in Adventureland the most vile, smelliest, most gross bathroom ever. I vowed never ever to use that bathroom as long as I live no matter the situation.

geoffa
02-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Don't recall using them but if I had and they were as bad as you say, City Hall would certainly know about them from me!

Vegitabeta
02-27-2007, 11:40 AM
speaking of things that are clean, is it me or is the men's restroom in Adventureland the most vile, smelliest, most gross bathroom ever. I vowed never ever to use that bathroom as long as I live no matter the situation.
The women's wasn't bad! Just busy...