PDA

View Full Version : Why so long? [Splash Mountain refurb][merged]

huntzilla
02-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Splash Mountain has been down since January because they are replacing a lift mechanic. But why is it taking til May? I got down it late march/early January, you don't think they would rush to get it open since that's spring break and one of the busy times of the year.

raediance
02-26-2007, 10:08 AM
maybe because it's cold? i don't know, i've never been on it.

just beatla33
02-26-2007, 10:10 AM
its not just that, theres things in play we don't even know about. What does it take years to fix a pot hole on the street you know.

itig
02-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Was there last week and we saw people on the outside of the mountain. Looked like they were working on the landscaping - plants, trees and stuff that decorate the different areas you can see. I'm sure there is probably more going on "behind the wall", but that's all we could see from the street.

Bytebear
02-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Last time I peeked through the fence, they had taken out all of the "briar patch", so it seems more than just a quick fix.

Matterhornman18
02-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Hopefully this hasnt already been discussed...But, does anyone know if they ever open the attractions earlier than schdeuled...For example...I'm going to DLR May 12th through the 17th and Splash is scheduled to open the 18th..Are the odds decent that it will be open before..or are they pretty much right on date?

Darkbeer
02-26-2007, 05:37 PM
The current refurb is a major one, where most of the lift hill equipment on all 3 lift hills are being replaced, so there is a good chance that it might even be delayed in re-opening.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, but it is possible, if they get everything done and the testing goes smoothly. Much of the area will be closed due to the expected Pirates Premiere on the 19th, so they might just decided to keep the area closed until after the premiere due to staffing and crowd control issues.

Matterhornman18
02-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Great, thanks for the reply...I'll keep my fingers crossed. I know they have had "test" or "soft" openings before so maybe something like that could happen..But I think you're right about the pirates premeire so I'm probably outta luck!

tigga please
02-26-2007, 11:36 PM
theyre putting in the loop ;)

actually i heard a lot of the bots are getting touch ups

DisneyDustin22
02-27-2007, 08:29 AM
theyre putting in the loop ;)

Ah the loop joke will never die! :)

Thanks to all the "experts" that had the "inside" information on Space. :p

SactoGuy
02-27-2007, 11:58 AM
darn i replied on the wrong page hahaha

I heard they are also updating the bots new clothes and stuff. Last summer when i was on it alot of the fur and stuff was really worn out are they going to fix the owl finally???????

Bytebear
02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
The owl was working for a short while last summer. Of course the pictures were out of sync, so we saw a nice Japanese family's splash photo.