PDA

View Full Version : Trip first week of May

Rablibra
02-25-2007, 10:32 PM
We are taking our 23 month old for her first time and I have not been in YEARS, so I need your advise. I am hoping for her to see the parades and the fireworks.

1. We were considering staying at one of the DL resort hotels, but I am reading reviews that state they are still quite a bit of a walk to the front gate of DL. What are some other suggested hotels? ( Candy Cane Inn is booked :( )
2. Can you leave and re-enter the park on the same day with your ticket?
3. Can you see the fireworks from the hotels accross the street from the park?

Thank you so much!

stan4d_steph
02-26-2007, 05:53 AM
2. Yes, you can leave the park and reenter the same day on the same ticket. Be sure to get a handstamp as you exit. You must have a handstamp and a valid ticket for reentry. The only time you might be denied reentry is on an extremely busy day, like July 4 or New Year's Eve. You shouldn't have to worry about that in May.

3. Yes, you can see the fireworks from outside the park. Some of the low-level effects won't be visible, and I doubt you can see Tinkerbell flying. Make sure you see them once from inside to get the whole experience.

Monte Cristo
02-26-2007, 06:50 AM
We are taking our 23 month old for her first time and I have not been in YEARS, so I need your advise. I am hoping for her to see the parades and the fireworks.

1. We were considering staying at one of the DL resort hotels, but I am reading reviews that state they are still quite a bit of a walk to the front gate of DL. What are some other suggested hotels? ( Candy Cane Inn is booked :( )
2. Can you leave and re-enter the park on the same day with your ticket?
3. Can you see the fireworks from the hotels accross the street from the park?

Thank you so much!

1.) The Grand Californian is VERY close to the main gate - it has entrances that feed directly into Downtown Disney as well as CA Adventure. There's just two caveats - do you want to spend that much, and depending on where your room is located, the walk inside the hotel itself to the exit can be pretty long.

Here are some hotels right across the street that we've stayed at and were fine: Tropicana, Caurosel Inn, Best Western Park Place Inn.

As for your other two questions, the poster previous to me told ya everything you need to know. ;)

Rablibra
03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
We lucked out! The CCI had a cancellation so I snatched it up! We are paying $159 for a premium room with AAA. I have read so may good reviews about this hotel. Anyone have anything new?