PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana or Fairfield Inn

yenko427
02-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I am curious to know your opinions on which one you liked better and why. Also, what is the difference in the pool area and rooms?

splash
03-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Yenko,

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn a few years ago. I found the rooms to be large and spacious. We had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa in the room. It was very clean and quiet and we enjoyed it. The pool was average - nothing special- The price was quite reasonable and I thought it was a very good deal. I haven't stayed at the Tropicana so I can't give you feedback on that one. If we hadn't stayed at the DLR hotel the last time, we would have stayed there. The walk is not too bad either. Have fun!!

yenko427
03-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks Splash. We stayed at DLH in Jan/Feb. and are doing the unexpected trip in May. We are going to try the Tropicana since it is really close. Didn't want to splurge on the DLH this time. Plus we did all three flights and four nights at the Tropicana for less than $1000. I thought we did pretty good.

landj
03-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Tropicana is fine we stayed there last Nov. & will be there in April. We had a 2Queen room with microwave & fridge. Didn't use the pool or hot tub but others were using it. I did like how close it was & it was nice to be able to go back during the day.

disneyhound
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
We stayed at the Tropicanna this past January and enjoyed it! We stayed in room #376, great room. It is on the top floor! It is not next to a stairwell, elevator, or ice machine (quiet)! It is close to the Breakfast room! It is close to the front of the hotel! You can see the fireworks from the window!!!

I can't offer a comparison with the other hotel, but the location of the Tropicanna is ideal for an afternoon break from the park.

yenko427
03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys. I booked the trip and we are going to try it. As long as it is clean, close and the pool is useable I will be good with it.