PDA

View Full Version : Off-site hotel, suite for 5

yenko427
02-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I am looking for an off site hotel, closest to DL, that would have plenty of room for 4 adults and one child. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Malcon10t
02-25-2007, 04:56 PM
I am looking for an off site hotel, closest to DL, that would have plenty of room for 4 adults and one child. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.
Camelot family suite? Desert Inn? Carousel Inn?

yenko427
02-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Which one would you recommend? I have never done the suite thing for multiple people so I feel out of the loop on this one.

Malcon10t
02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
The rooms are larger at the Desert Inn, plus they have a wider variety of room types. (www.anaheimdesertinn.com) Check out the room layouts to see what works for you. My daughter's favorite cause its closest. I like it also. Camelot inn has a "Family Suite". One room has 2 queen beds. Second room has a queen bed and a sofa sleeper. One bathroom. I like it. But, I like it cause if I get a back room, I can connect to the Fairfield Inn's wireless internet. Also, the pool area is nice for fireworks. Carousel has nice rooms. I have only been in the View suite. I really liked it. It would be my #1 choice, BUT, there are only 3 of them, so may be hard to get.

Shadowcat
02-25-2007, 06:55 PM
The Best Western Park Place Inn also has family suites. It's 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa.

Malcon10t
02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
The Best Western Park Place Inn also has family suites. It's 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa.
But, there is no seperation. In most "suites", there is a seperation between sleeping areas.

acpalmer
02-26-2007, 05:57 AM
We stayed at the Carousel last summer in a two-room suite that had one room with two queen beds and a bathroom and then the connecting room had one King bed and a bathroom. It was nice to have the two bathrooms for sure and we found nothing wrong with the hotel.

nvmom
02-26-2007, 07:49 AM
We've stayed at the Camelot in their family suite twice. In fact we were just there 3 weeks ago. I recommend it. It's close, the room is spacious, clean, and there is a continental breakfast- it's sparse, but at least it's coffee and a bagel to get you started.

nvmom

mask41
02-26-2007, 08:31 AM
We are staying at the Residence Inn- Maingate. We have a room with a twin/double bunk bed in a downstairs bedroom, a full living room, 2 baths, kitchen and a loft with a king sized bed. We will also have mid-week light dinners included and free grocery shopping. I have heard only good things about this spot, but haven't been personally yet.
HTH,
Amy

MollyTrolly
02-26-2007, 11:10 AM
We are staying at the Residence Inn- Maingate. We have a room with a twin/double bunk bed in a downstairs bedroom, a full living room, 2 baths, kitchen and a loft with a king sized bed. We will also have mid-week light dinners included and free grocery shopping. I have heard only good things about this spot, but haven't been personally yet.
HTH,
Amy

This is my faorite off site hotel, the only issue is its a bit farther of a walk to the park (which is usually fine for us, but with a small child it may be a lot of work, especially if you are going to go back to the room for breaks). The hotel is really nice with great amenities, its also a bit more pricy than other hotels.

Recently when we have stayed down for th night we have choose Desert Inn, its close, clean, big and cheaper.

mask41
02-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Oh, and of course they offer a full, hot breakfast. And yes, I have heard the walk is kind of long, we are planning on riding ART to and fro.

itig
02-26-2007, 03:39 PM
We just got back from a stay at the Desert Inn - we really enjoyed it and were happy to be so close to the gate. Not fancy, but it's functional and clean.

mouseman60
02-26-2007, 07:03 PM
We just got back from staying at the Staybridge Suites - about a mile from Disneyland on Manchester. While this hotel was very clean and had many amenities, the rooms were very tiny. Just because you get a full size frig and a sink does not make it a suite.

mamatojade
02-26-2007, 07:24 PM
We are staying at the Anabella and our room/mini-suite sleeps five. The ART stops right out front.

Leofoenget
02-26-2007, 08:29 PM

Desert inn and Suites across the street has rooms with 4 Q beds and sofa sleeper. Not expensive.

jamielj
02-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Park Vue Inn is right across the street from the main entrance. They have a variety of suite options. We chose the one with three queen beds because the fold-out couches are rarely comfortable anywhere. There are two seperate rooms. They are not a "Good Neighbor" hotel if you are looking into package deals, but when purchased seperately, they are a good deal. Best Western Park Place Inn has the two queen beds and sofa sleeper.
I have found the Trip Advisor website most helpful for recent reviews of hotels. Other sites have reviews, but not very current ones.

hrhlaurie
03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm so glad to hear good reviews on the Desert Inn since we just booked our stay there. It got good reviews on TripAdvisor and being right across from the main gate is a huge bonus. Since we'll have a 3 1/2 yo who we may take back and forth for breaks, it's handy not to have to take the shuttle each time.

Thanks for the reviews!

My dh and I stayed at the Carousel Inn once and liked it fine but it was a bit more than the Desert Inn so we thought we'd try something new.