PDA

View Full Version : El Cholo restaurant in La Habra

bobabooey
02-25-2007, 02:13 PM
First off, if I shouldn't post this here, I am sorry. While we are at Disneyland I would love to go to the El Cholo restaurant In La Habra. It looks fairly close by (20 mins?). Is it as good as the original, which I have been to? Is it as close to DL as it appears?

wdwmartin
02-25-2007, 02:49 PM
It is a bit of a drive and Harbor Blvd gets a lot of traffic and has many lights. Depending on what time of day, it could be 20-45 minutes (or more).

There is also an El Cholo in Irvine, but that would require freeway driving and not be any closer. Having only eaten at the El Cholo in Irvine, I kind of find it bland and not the best Mexican food that I have eaten.

If you want to do yourself a favor, try La Casa Garcia, 531 W Chapman Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802, (714) 740-1108 on the corner of Chapman and Harbor just down the street from Disneyland. It is great mexican food and the owner really gives back to the community. He gives away over 10,000 free meals every Thanksgiving. The best Arroz con Pollo that I have ever had.

yohomama212
02-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey! I like El Cholo! The Irvine location is just down the street from my place and worth the trip, in my opinion, if you want the El Cholo experience! Freeway driving isn't so bad, depending on when you go. Beat the traffic and dinner rush, leave DL around 5 and you'll make it to El Cholo no later than 5:20 (okay, maybe 5:30, we don't all drive like DH). Take 5S to Culver, turn Right, left on Alton, go about 5 blocks... turn left on East Yale Loop, then immediately right in to the shopping center and El Cholo is all the way across, past the McDonalds! (PM me if you need more accurate directions, alternate routes, or have any questions.)

Liz :cool:

EvilQueen_76
02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
It's a bit of a drive from from the 5 frwy but the food is good. It's really up to you if you want to make the drive to it but I would say probably about 30 mins.

kelli1rose
02-25-2007, 09:03 PM
I love the chicken chimichangas, and highly recommend the margaritas! Enjoy!