PDA

View Full Version : End of blast....

DJ_MENTOS
06-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Its been talked about before, but can anyone confirm that Blast' finale will be Monday Sept 3rd? According to the D-Land website, this is the last scheduled performance.
If this is the last day of Blast, does anyone know when Aladdin will replace it?

-DJ_MENTOS

cstephens
06-05-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by DJ_MENTOS
Its been talked about before, but can anyone confirm that Blast' finale will be Monday Sept 3rd? According to the D-Land website, this is the last scheduled performance.

Unless the website specifically says that September 3rd is Blast's last performance, it may just be that they don't have the schedule worked out past the end of summer.

Morrigoon
06-05-2002, 05:49 PM
That's how they close stuff ;)

I hope they don't though... one of the few good things on that side of the park.

Darkbeer
06-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Many folks have confirmed that BLAST! last day is Memorial Day, including members of the cast, so it is a good bet.....

As for Aladdin, it sounds like that is the replacement, per Marcie over at MouseInfo.com.... Of course, nothing official has been announced... but we can say the same thing about the Pooh ride....:p

JeffG
06-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Many folks have confirmed that BLAST! last day is Memorial Day, including members of the cast, so it is a good bet.....

I think you mean Labor Day, since Memorial Day was last week and the show is still playing... :)

-Jeff

Mad Madam Mim
06-06-2002, 06:19 PM
Wow, it's amazing how quickly I forget the things I appriciate until they are about over..... I know what i'm doing Friday, and again Sunday, and agin next week :(

I hope it's just a rumor.

PineapplePrincess
06-06-2002, 06:46 PM
:crying:
I REALLY hope that these are just rumors!!!!!
How can they do this??? How??? WHY???? How can we keep them?!?!?!?!
OH Blast...blast...how I love thee...*sigh*

Darkbeer
06-06-2002, 06:49 PM
Oops.... SORRY.... finally got my Modem back, dang Cable Modem got fried, at least they replaced it at no charge..........

LABOR DAY, as in Monday, September 2nd, last show at 7:15 pm!

MY BAD!

ldsguy
06-07-2002, 08:06 AM
These are not rumors, sorry, the last show of blast is going to be in Spetmember, I am not positive about the Labor Day part, but, I'll find that out.....but if we really want blast to stay, we have to get organised, they have a few options with it, but none of them would be as good as leaving it where it is, but we would have to get tons of people going into guest relations and complaining about them removing it......but even at that they can't keep it past January or so as the companhy already has a contract with somewhere in Nevada to perform there, remember it's not a Disney show after all they did hire another company to come in an do the show.

As for Aladdin replacing it, yes they are going to put in Aladdin, there will be flying carpets in the theatre and they are going to put $5 million dollars into it and not put in restrooms.

They want Aladdin to open on Thanksgiving weekend, the same as Blast! did.