PDA

View Full Version : Where's "Rod" The Coke Corner Pianist?

ladodgerjon
02-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Where's the tall, lanky red-headed guy that played at the "Coke Corner" piano for the last twenty years?

Sure, I haven't seen him for a year (or two), but the guy was a real fixture. Seemed to have every song written prior to 1960 committed to memory.

I *think* his name was/is Rod. Quiet sorta guy... but friendly.

He had a hunched back, as I recall.

I've asked about him, but all I get from some CM's is that he has "health issues. Non lethal, but the sort that preclude him from playing in the park..."

Anybody have further info?

cstephens
02-25-2007, 02:23 AM
He retired a little while ago - maybe about two years ago.

I'll admit it's been a while since I've seen him, but I don't know that I'd describe him as tall, lanky and red-headed. Had to think for a second that you really meant Rod.

RStar
02-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Yes, Rod has retired. However, he has been spotted enjoying himself at the park. He told me he has worked there since the 60s, and he loves the park. So in his retirement it makes since that he'd stop by once in a while.

He was very friendly, and watched my kids grow up. Every now and then he'd comment on how big they were gitting. And I loved the stories that he told. As far as I'm concerned, he IS the Main Street Pianist.

I hope to spot him one more time and tell him how much I apreciated his addition to the richness and Magic that is Disneyland.