PDA

View Full Version : Rides that make you queasy?

Pages : [1] 2

tmmommy
02-24-2007, 05:19 PM
My DD tends to get a little carsick--any rides that we should do with that in mind? (Not majorly ill--just queasy feeling:) ). Also--I am thinking about taking a backpack in with us--with water, crackers, etc. Are they a problem on the rides or is there plenty of room? It is the kind that can be carried on your back or in front--rather a triangular shape.

OK--and another first time worry--what if she actually does get sick? Besides dying of embarassment (!!!) what do I do??

So sorry -- but you all are helping me so much--I guess I just worry and need to prepare for the worst!

findingmickey
02-24-2007, 05:30 PM
well...i can get car sick pretty easy. i'd say the 2 rides i don't do or enjoy are star tours and the tea cups. everything else i'm okay with! if she's really bad maybe sorin' over california at DCA isn't a good idea for her either. maybe you could bring with you some plastic bags just incase! also my dh brings a backback every time with our water and snacks (and he stuffs it full). it hasn't been a problem on any rides. it just goes in between the legs or in between us. hope this help! have fun! :D

Bytebear
02-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Teacups, The Junebug ride in Bug's Land (although not as bad as I thought), Roger Rabbit (if you spin the car), Dumbo and the Tomorrowland Rockets, the Zypher; and I get a little queasy on the Sun Wheel. Surprisingly, I don't get sick on the bugsLand ride where you spin around in the cookie box. In fact, that is becoming one of my favorites.

tmmommy
02-24-2007, 05:59 PM
that is great news about the backpack--and why didn't I think of the plastic bags??? :) thanks for the advice and info!!

Koukla
02-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Soarin' Over CA does it to me, as does Star Tours on occasion. I can't put my head down and read anything while moving, and don't even do the big roller coasters. Aside from keeping plastic bags and Dramamine handy, a can of room temperature 7-Up or Sprite really, really helps settle the tummy.

Lekta
02-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Teacups for sure and Star Tours

twist1980
02-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Teacups, Roger Rabbit (if you spin the car), Dumbo and the Tomorrowland Rockets, the Zypher

I concur. I actually hadn't been on Dumbo since I was a kid, but my boyfriend and I had to do it last week. I had to close my eyes. It is way less intense than the Rockets in TL, those were bad, but still fun!

I did fine the Teacups, but only because my boyfriend promised not to spin me. I can now say I've ridden them as an adult...yay me! The Zephyr at DCA is relatively calm in comparison to Dumbo, but it is still a spinny ride. I would recommend avoiding those rides.

It is interesting to me that I can totally handle any coaster thrown at me, but nothing that spins....:ralph:

Bytebear
02-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Same with me. I can go on Tatsu at Magic Mountain 10 times in a row and love it but the rockets really get me. I did Dumbo a couple months ago, because I had never been on it, and I did ok, mainly because I got this giddy kid like feeling being on the ride.

jcruise86
02-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Small World. MAKE THE DOLLS STOP!

Teacups, of course.

The line for Disneyland's Peter Pan.

The food prices. (Not a ride, but they take you for a ride.)

In September my wife gave me a morning and afternoon off to come alone. I took non-drowsy Dramamine and rode the new Space Mountain, CA Screamin, and other protein-spill inducing attractions. It's a miracle drug!

I was told that they used to sell Dramamine inside the park at IOA. Do they still?

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Who doesn't feel sick after Star Tours?

I figure that the drinking fountains at right outside the doors for a reason.

someimagination
02-25-2007, 12:14 AM
OK--and another first time worry--what if she actually does get sick? Besides dying of embarassment (!!!) what do I do??

Well there are quite a few restrooms in the park.. but if you can't make it and there's no other alternative.. don't worry. I'd just let a cast member know and they'll take care of it. It happens more often than you'd think :)

Backpacks are perfectly fine... you'll have space on practically every attraction, just make sure you remove them before hand [you'd be surprised how many people don't] I usually sling my purse [which is practically the size of a backpack lol] over my knee as I sit down.

tmmommy
02-25-2007, 06:00 AM
Thanks, everyone!! Great info for us to use--and I agree w/the statement about rollercoasters! I think it is the smooth, spinning feeling that gets some of us 'reeling'. We'll pack the Dramamine, sacks, water, and crackers and give it all our best go!!

AlbertaMinnie
02-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Good Luck! I hope you are as surprised as we were......a few years ago we decided to drive to DLR......only to find out our youngest gets terribly car sick. Yup, approx. 36 hours of carsickness!!!!!! But you know..not one ride in DLR or CA made her feel the least bit queasy! She rode EVERYTHING! Go figure! Have fun!

Leap for Joy
02-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Avoid the moving cars on the Sun Wheel and the Orange Stinger! Especially avoid doing one after the other!!

screamin4ever
02-25-2007, 10:04 AM
I can ride EVERYTHING and be fine. BUT, I warn you about Pooh. That stupid motion of that vehicle gets me queasy. It is a seasick feeling...I'm guessing. Since I seriously do not get sick on any other ride, I don't know what it is about Pooh. I do better if I'm inthe front of the Pooh car. Sitting in the back watching the people in front of me go up and down and up and down just does me in.

barely
02-25-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't usually get queasy on any rides except Space Mountain. The last time I rode it (last September), I was walking like I was drunk when I got off of it and it took at least a half hour before I got my equilibrium back. Teacups, Star Tours, etc. have no effect on me. Go figure!:|

Cherene
02-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I get car sick very easily especially on spinning rides. Innovations with the rotating floor sends me over the edge!

disneyroxxx
02-25-2007, 09:16 PM
I never get sick, but if you lean your head in a little bit during the loop on California Screamin', you can get sort of dizzy. My dad was sick during the whole ride, but he's queasy on everything! except star tours, ironically.

If you do get sick, I'd say drink 7-up, sprite or water, and go on a soothing ride, like the DLRR, or walk around in a calm area.

emmah
02-26-2007, 12:13 AM
here's a BIG vote for the orange stinger - that ride is mean. the one and only time i rode it, i felt sick for the rest of the day. i don't get motion sick on the sunwheel, but it scared the be-jeebers out of me and now i only ride on the stationary cars. i've heard a lot of people get motion sick on star tours although it doesn't affect me. the rockets and pooh could also make someone subject to motion sickness, feel a little ill.

stan4d_steph
02-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Star Tours gave me a wicked headache the last time I rode it. Haven't been on since.

adriennek
02-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Many of the rides others have mentioned don't bother me, but the ones that get me, get me bad -

Star Tours
Space Mountain
Tower of Terror (UGH!)
California Screamin'

Adrienne

raediance
02-26-2007, 09:53 AM
None, actually, because I'm too scared to even try one.

just beatla33
02-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I know a lot of people attend to feel a little woozy on Soarin' during the part that flies over LA, I dont' blame them since it looks blurry and shakey at the same time

mask41
02-26-2007, 09:59 AM
On simulator rides like Soarin' and Star Tours, can you just close your eyes if you start to feel queasy and let yourself readjust, or is there too much motion?

samsma
02-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I know a lot of people attend to feel a little woozy on Soarin' during the part that flies over LA, I dont' blame them since it looks blurry and shakey at the same time

I ALWAYS have to look down when that part comes on!