PDA

View Full Version : Do you do the character meals for lunch or dinner?

JustMe29
02-24-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm just interested to know what people's thoughts about the timing for character meals?

I mean - in terms of fitting in everything else is it a pain to hop over to DCA just to get there in time for your priority seating meal etc...

Do you normally do it for lunch or dinner (breakfast is included in our hotel)? What time do you go in order to get the most characters/food etc?

someimagination
02-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Do you normally do it for lunch or dinner (breakfast is included in our hotel)? What time do you go in order to get the most characters/food etc?

Normally, the character dining is only breakfast and lunch, because the characters do not usually come out after about 5pm [with the exception of the Princess Faire and Mickey's House for the most part]. The character dining is planned with the idea of optimal interaction, so you're pretty much guaranteed to see them during your meal.

Food quantity depends on where you eat. At Ariels Grotto for example [at least when I went] you have courses, and the food is brought out for you as you interact with characters. Once you're done, you're done. I'd advise you to eat slow and enjoy your meal.. but don't be the family who's been sitting there long after their dessert is gone, hoping to get another photo op with the characters.. be considerate :). I think at the Plaza Inn breakfast they may have a buffet, and you can be sure that they'll constantly be replenishing the food.

I mean - in terms of fitting in everything else is it a pain to hop over to DCA just to get there in time for your priority seating meal etc...

It's not really a pain actually. On your way out of DL you can grab fastpasses for an attraction and go over to DCA for lunch with the Princesses and probably make it back in time. You can even head over to DCA a bit early and check out some of the attractions while you wait for your reservation. But if you leave DCA at 3pm with the intention of snagging a spot on Main Street for the 3:30 parade you'll probably have a bit of a line to deal with at the entrance gate.

Long story short, it's not a pain to make it to a reservation for the great time and memories you'll be having interacting with characters. You'll even get a nifty button to wear around and keep so you can show off your adventures.

snoopyfan
02-25-2007, 06:59 AM
Here's my 2 cents. We always did lunch for the earliest time possible. That way you're not really waiting too long and you pretty much get to see all the characters. We always do the same for reservations for the Blue Bayou. Good luck.

MermaidHair
02-25-2007, 08:47 AM
We did a 4 pm "dinner" at Ariel's Grotto. It worked great for us that day as we just snacked on the yummy things in the park instead of stopping for lunch. We also had our dinner and great character interaction in less than 1.5 hrs. I have heard others say that the meal at Ariels takes 2 hrs so I think we did well.

ssturgeo
02-26-2007, 06:50 AM
We like to do the first breakfast seating at Plaza Inn or Goofy's Kitchen. In November we had the characters to ourselves when we entered the Plaza Inn...terrific!!