PDA

View Full Version : The pirates have landed?

yenko427
02-24-2007, 07:24 AM
In the new Backstage Pass newsletter it talks about the Pirates have landed show? Does anyone have any info on this?

mommy-san
02-24-2007, 07:43 AM
When you were there did you see the pirates singing in front of Cafe Orleans? i think thats the show.

olegc
02-24-2007, 08:00 AM
there also has been some online pre-release rumoring that a Pirate stage show will appear on the new TSI when the pirate theming with plenty of pirates will debut before the opening of the new pirates movie Pirates of the Carribean 3 and then you can have your fill of pirates....

Sorry - just had to do that - with so much emphasis on pirates...

yohomama212
02-24-2007, 08:01 AM
The Shock, The Amazement, The Pure Horror............ I have not actually taken the time to stop for these guys and watch them like the proper wench I should be!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I think they refer to themselves as the Bootstrappers when they're out playing, and on the few instances when I have ventured by and taken note, it seems to me that Captian Jack comes out and joins his crew.

I'm off now to confess to my captain and take the flogging like a proper wench!

Liz :cool:

yenko427
02-24-2007, 08:09 AM
It just came across on the newsletter like it was some type of interactive show like the Jedi Academy (at least it did to me). It also had a picture of a guest cheering with the HSMR. I was just curious if it was something like where the kids get dressed up and get to participate in pirate activities.

olegc
02-24-2007, 08:19 AM
It just came across on the newsletter like it was some type of interactive show like the Jedi Academy (at least it did to me). It also had a picture of a guest cheering with the HSMR. I was just curious if it was something like where the kids get dressed up and get to participate in pirate activities.

well, it could be that they are attempting to duplicate something similar to what WDW has. They do a "pirate's training with Jack Sparrow" show (for kids now - all you adults who love Jack just back off ;-) ). And their new Pirates and Princess ticketed night time party could be something they are thinking about bringing here - at least parts of it already exists (Princess Faire in Fantasyland, for one).

The rumor sites have not mentioned any interactive elements - only that hourly entertainment will most likely appear on the Frontierland,er NOS, er Pirate Island stage on TSI... Wow - that will get confusing...

oregontraveler
02-26-2007, 10:07 AM
The Shock, The Amazement, The Pure Horror............ I have not actually taken the time to stop for these guys and watch them like the proper wench I should be!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I think they refer to themselves as the Bootstrappers when they're out playing, and on the few instances when I have ventured by and taken note, it seems to me that Captian Jack comes out and joins his crew.

I'm off now to confess to my captain and take the flogging like a proper wench!

I can't immagine that these guys wouldn't move over to TSI at that point.
I do remember reading somewhere that there would be some type of pirate stunt show out front on the Fantasmic staging area.

raediance
02-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Is the TSI switch done already?

yohomama212
02-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Hardly! My understanding from a F! CM on the night of the last show was that they were waiting til about the time of the premire to re-open TSI and re-start F!