PDA

View Full Version : Nighttime rides

Pages : [1] 2

mask41
02-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Are there any rides that are especially good to ride at night? Any rides that are not great to ride at night?

mommy-san
02-23-2007, 08:09 PM
BTMRR is my favorite at night. I also love Pirates at night, because you keep the illusion that you are really outside for the ride.

River Belle
02-23-2007, 08:20 PM
The Sailing Ship Columbia and Mark Twain Riverboat are especially beautiful at sunset and late into the evening...the reflections of the lights around the river are just beautiful, and entering "Indian Territory" is really something special.

I've always loved the Storybookland Canal Boats at night, when all of the miniature buildings are lit up.

Also, though you will miss some of the scenery you see during the day, the Railroad in the evening is something I really enjoy in the evening, especially with a warm beverage in hand and someone to sit close to. It's a great view of the park at night, and traveling through It's a Small World on your way to Tomorrowland is beautiful.

rentayenta
02-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Love the Matterhorn at night, especially on the FL side. Also the Storybook Boats are very cool at night.

ETA: BTMRR during the fireworks is awesome!

kimbopotamus
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Both Splash Mountain and The Haunted Mansion are really eery at night. When I rode Splash at night, I noticed alot more details that I hadn't seen during the day.

californiagirlx7
02-23-2007, 08:41 PM
We love going to Jungle Cruise at night. The Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and BTMRR are also really fun at night.

BraMax
02-24-2007, 06:54 AM
My kids always loved the Astro Orbitors at night because you can see the park all light up from way up there. Although you are spinning fast it was still neat. Also we did the MH at night and it was kinda spooky cause the tunnels were really dark but my DS loved it. We sat in the front sled.

BraMax
02-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Oh yeah and the Jungle Cruise I found that I liked it better at night than during the daytime.

mask41
02-24-2007, 07:40 AM
So, what are the lines like at night? We are going to be there the week after Easter, monday-friday. Will it be easier to get on Jungle Cruise, Storybook Land Canal, etc, after dark?

dznyphreak
02-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I recommend BTMRR as well as SBLCB. Personally, I don't like Jungle Cruise at night. Call me a wuss, but it gets pretty dark when they turn off the lights in the hippo pool. :(

As for shorter wait times at night...maybe. Just don't head for SBLCB during a parade; it'll be closed.

IdahoMike
02-24-2007, 09:40 AM
I will agree with those who said Big Thunder at night, especially during the fireworks! Jungle Cruise is fun at night as well. I don't think I've ever ridden the Matterhorn at night, we always do that in the a.m. when knocking out Fantasyland before the big crowds. I also like Splash, because there are no lines, no one wants to get wet after dark!

futurecm21
02-24-2007, 10:39 AM
The Sailing Ship Columbia and Mark Twain Riverboat are especially beautiful at sunset and late into the evening...the reflections of the lights around the river are just beautiful, and entering "Indian Territory" is really something special.

I've always loved the Storybookland Canal Boats at night, when all of the miniature buildings are lit up.

Also, though you will miss some of the scenery you see during the day, the Railroad in the evening is something I really enjoy in the evening, especially with a warm beverage in hand and someone to sit close to. It's a great view of the park at night, and traveling through It's a Small World on your way to Tomorrowland is beautiful.

Amen! Man you really know what your talking about here, its like you read my mind.

IMHO rainy weather days, and nighttime is the best time to be at Disneyland. I love Astro Orbitors and the Matterhorn late at night, as well as the haunted mansion, the darkness adds to its already creepy feeling. Also, try the Main Street shops, its a great place to do some window shopping. :)
futurecm21

futurecm21
02-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I recommend BTMRR as well as SBLCB.

Okay, I'm probably just gonna kick myself after I find this out, but I can't figure out what SBLCB is. If you could let me know I'd appreciate it.:)
futurecm21

samsma
02-24-2007, 10:45 AM
I thought the same thing, so I got out the trusty guide, Storybook Land Canal Boats! I hope!

geoffa
02-24-2007, 10:49 AM
SBLCB = Story Book Land Canal Boats

Mickeygirlforever
02-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Big Thunder is cool because you seem to be able to see more in the caves.....weird, I know.
My family loves Jungle Cruise at night because the animals seem even more alive!!
I love to ride the Carosel at night too, it's just magic!!
Storybook land is real romantic at night!
aaaaa, c'est l'amour!!

Wendi
02-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
and
Tower of Terror (I actually really dislike being blinded on this ride by daylight... it is really beautiful at night... soooo much better!)

futurecm21
02-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I thought the same thing, so I got out the trusty guide, Storybook Land Canal Boats! I hope!

Oh! ha ha ha, I'm an idiot:) This makes sense now, I just never refer to Storybookland Canal Boats with an acronym. Actually I usually just shorten its name to storybookland, and call it good.:cool: Thanks for the information
futurecm21

Bytebear
02-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I like the whole Paradise Pier area at night. Too bad the hours are so short.

jcruise86
02-24-2007, 07:40 PM
BTMRR & the Jungle Cruise.

someimagination
02-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Peter Pan. But the line is always just as long :(

But seriously, lol. SBLCB is a totally different experience at night. Splash, BTM, basically everything that has already been mentioned. I like riding Screaming at night.. and there's an added spook factor when you're in line for HM [yeah I know HM is indoor, but the experience is enhanced at night for me]

Enter The Mouse
02-25-2007, 09:10 AM
The jungle Cruise.

Autopia is good aswell, especially during the fireworks (if you have already seen them).

nvmom
02-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Love Thunder Mtn Railroad... we were on during the fireworks about 3 weeks ago and it was the coolest! We tried the Storybook Canal boats at night too... I prefer them during the day. Seems like we could appreciate the details more. Jungle Cruise was fun at night. My son and I loved Astro Orbitors and all the lights. Dh says the Matterhorn was cool... very diff from during the day.

nvmom

CarlieB
02-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Big Thunder, the Matterhorn & Splash Mountain are my favourite night time rides.

futurecm21
02-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Okay, I've already given my opinion, but I talked to the two other biggest Disneyland fans in Fort Collins, and they both agreed that the best nighttime rides are in order,

1. Splash Mountain, they say it has great views of the fireworks

2. Indiana Jones, cause of the short lines, and the way it is dark inside and outside

3. The Haunted Mansion, I hope I don't need to explain this one :)

futurecm21