PDA

View Full Version : Lunch recommendation in Toontown area?

mask41
02-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Are there any decent lunch spots in the Toontown or Fantasyland areas? From Toontown we are headed to Tomorrowland - any good eateries there? Seems I've only heard bad reviews of the Tomorrowland eateries!
-Amy

Andrew
02-23-2007, 03:46 PM
ToonTown has a hot dog window that isn't open very often. Fantasyland has the Village Haus, which is better left unentered. Within a few minutes walk, though, is Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland and the Plaza Inn in the Hub. Both are recommended.

cstephens
02-23-2007, 04:11 PM
There's a little place right next to the Fantasyland Theatre that has bratwurst (or knockwurst - I always forget which), but since nothing is currently showing there, I'm not sure if it's open.

In Tomorrowland, I really like Pizza Port. I generally go for the chicken fusilli or one of the pizza slices.

mask41
02-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks - Plaza Inn is on my "thumbs up" list - just didn't realize it was so close!!

Pirate Princess
02-23-2007, 04:15 PM
I enjoy Red Rocketts and it has a great pasta dish (hang on.. looking it up) Ahhh here it is:
Count-down Chicken Fusilli: Fusilli pasta tossed with season grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and Parmesan cream sauce with a touch of fresh basil.

Sometimes (and I mean just sometimes) you don't want fries.

tod
02-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Seems I've only heard bad reviews of the Tomorrowland eateries!

I will give a positive review of Redd Rockett's. The food there is quite good and the portions are generous.

--t

Malcon10t
02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Pizza Port (in Tomorrowland) is one of the best places in Disneyland, and one of the best values. We usually split plates there as the portions are huge. The Chicken Fussili is excellent.

Pirate Princess
02-23-2007, 06:30 PM
I just like to note that there are 3 votes for the Fussili... mmmmmm
I would be :crying: and craving it right now if it weren't for the ginormous shrimp burrito I just ate.
Yes, I'm a foodie.

june1st1997
02-23-2007, 06:35 PM
I know I might be in the minority, but I LOVE Tomorrowland Terrace. I LOVE LOVE LOVE their burgers. In fact before the baby we would drive down to DLR just to have one for dinner. Ride Pirates and come home.

My husband likes their chicken sandwich as well.

HOWEVER...It may not be ideal as I know you are traveling with 2 small children. It's one of those wait in line while someone finds a table. And If I remember correctly it will be their first time. So waiting at the table with grandma while mom (I really hope I am remembering the correct person:) ) gets food... might be alot to ask of 2 little ones.

Have a great trip!

Stupid_American
02-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Chalk up another for the Pizza Port!
The fusilli and salads are great.

Also, Disneyland's famous turkey legs are available from the cart across from the teacups and canal boats, on the way to Tomorrowland.

yenko427
02-24-2007, 07:13 AM
We are at Tomorrowland Terrace chicken sandwich and burger they were HORRIBLE. The best meal we had in the park was at Carnation Cafe and it was excellent.

yenko427
02-24-2007, 07:14 AM
We ate at Tomorrowland Terrace chicken sandwich and burger they were HORRIBLE. The best meal we had in the park was at Carnation Cafe and it was excellent.

Pirate Princess
02-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I agree, Carnation Cafe is excellent (especially for breakfast) but is not close to Toontown. Still... you should definitely fit it in on your trip.

tlovesdis
02-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Another vote for Pizza Port!! I love the chicken fusilli and my niece loves the pizza!!