PDA

View Full Version : A story to share

kandyk
02-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Yesterday was our last day of our six day vacation in Disneyland. It was about time to leave but we decided to stop and get some snacks for the airplane ride home. I got a smore and a few other chocolates. On our way out of the park the flag ceremony was going on so we stopped to watch since we have never seen it before. While watching I devoured the smore, which is now one of my top 3 snacks in Disneyland. I was about to throw away the wax paper that it was wrapped in when I noticed a penny. Normally I wouldn't have thought twice about a penny and just thrown it in my purse. However I noticed that it was a wheat penny so I took a closer look at it. When I flipped it over it was a 1955 wheat penny! How did the penny get there? What are the odds that it was a 1955 penny and to be standing in the park that was opened in 1955. Was Walt saying hello? Definitely some Disney magic! Now I just have to decide what to do with this special penny. It's something that I want to keep forever.

I thought I would share this story with all of you. This one still has me amazed.

Bytebear
02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought you were going to say you were going to press it.

yellowrosedtxn
02-23-2007, 05:50 AM
You could put it on a mat and frame it, but underneath it print out the story you just wrote and put that under the penny (or wherever) and then you can put it up in your house. THEN people can read the story and know you are a true Disney Freak! LOL

That is a cool story though!

Shelley

ShirleyFilms
02-23-2007, 06:28 AM
It would be great if it was one of these 1955 pennies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1955_doubled_die_cent

:)

Inkyprintz
02-23-2007, 05:33 PM
I have a friend who believes in "pennies from heaven". Maybe I do too, now!

Koukla
02-23-2007, 06:19 PM
I have a friend who believes in "pennies from heaven". Maybe I do too, now!

I love that--pennies from heaven! Very cool story about the 1955 wheat penny. My BF found a penny on the ground between DL and DCA, and 15 minutes later we were given pin lanyards as a YOMD prize. I'll be looking for lucky pennies at DL from now on! :)

Shootingstaar
02-24-2007, 04:03 PM
sorry to go off the point of the subject, but where do they sell smores in the park:eek: ? How are they made? I'm assuming they aren't really fire roasted marshmallows? I loooooove smores, I roast marshmallows on the stove and make a huge mess :D

samsma
02-24-2007, 07:25 PM
At the candy shop on mainsteet. Also in DCA at there candy store(can't remember ther name.) The marshmallow is not warm like a smore, more like a peep marshmallow. Its in two big graham wafers covered in chocolate. Think the size of a sandwhich with the crust cut off(its BIG).Also try the peanut butter sandwhich, same thing just sweet peanut butter replaces the marshmallow!YUMMY STUFF!