PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Closure due to sewage smell on Wednesday 2-21-07?

Pages : [1] 2

wdwmartin
02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
I just got off of the phone with a friend who as at DL yesterday 2/21/07 and as she got to the doorway in the line for POTC, she said thaere was this sewage smell that came poring out and everyone ran out of the building.

Did anybody else hear about this?

Bolivar
02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
It's all the kids who pee off the side of the boats when they breakdown.

For those new here, this is a call back to a thread from last fall.

Boo's Mommy
02-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Really Bolivar? OMG that's just disgusting!

just beatla33
02-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprise, since one of my first jobs was in retail and we had customers use the dressing rooms as bathrooms because they didn't know how ot speak english to ask where the real restroom is.

Boo's Mommy
02-22-2007, 01:28 PM
:eek: That's just shocking to me! These people have no inhibitions!

newhdplayer
02-22-2007, 01:31 PM
:eek: That's just shocking to me! These people have no inhibitions!

These people?

zombie pirate
02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
It might of been a sewer line back up, I dont know if there are any bathrooms for cast members, or at the restraunt. they get pretty nasty. ewwwwwwwwwww

Boo's Mommy
02-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Ya, "these people" that pee on the rides and pee in public places.
It sounds more like delinquency than a necessity.

just beatla33
02-22-2007, 01:37 PM
I remember on Thanksgiving night I really had to use the bathroom but my family insisted we do Pirates first and I thought I could wait the 14 minutes, well the ride broke down for little over 45 minutes, yet I still held it and waited till I got off the ride

Malcon10t
02-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Really Bolivar? OMG that's just disgusting!Its a joke. We have a poster who blew an POTC E-stop out of proportion and next thing you know we had dogs and cats living together.... He claimed people were trapped inside for hours and everyone was doing their thing in the water.... Come to find out they were trapped for less than 45 mins. Someone was going to sell depends at the start of the ride.

Boo's Mommy
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
That's a relief to hear! I just couldn't imagine that!

The old man
02-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Its a joke. We have a poster who blew an POTC E-stop out of proportion and next thing you know we had dogs and cats living together.... He claimed people were trapped inside for hours and everyone was doing their thing in the water.... Come to find out they were trapped for less than 45 mins. Someone was going to sell depends at the start of the ride.
However we did watch a 2 year old boy pee on a garbage can (at his mother's direction) in line for Winnie.

Boo's Mommy
02-22-2007, 04:20 PM
See, that's just not right, at any age. Granted at that age, it would be difficult to hold it, so gee lady, a potty break should be a little more of a priority and if rides were a priority, she should have kept him in diapers for such emergencies!

yohomama212
02-22-2007, 04:41 PM
My DH is an asbestos consultant and we have a running joke with some friends of ours of finding asbestos in strange places. One day I was in the park and so was the husband, so to continue the joke I gave him a call and left him a voicemail stating that I was from Guest Relations and, knowing of his affection for the POTC ride, was giving him a call to inform him that the ride had been shut down due to extreme asbestos exposure. A couple hours later, he called me back and was completely fooled! He spent a serious amount of time trying to figure out how they even knew he was in the park and that the ride was of any intrest to him!

Barring rain, I'll be taking the kids back to the park tomorrow for our usual play date and report back ASAP on the progress of the ride.

Hey! Maybe the crab was trying to escape and finally got caught up in the sewage lines!

Liz :cool:

screamin4ever
02-22-2007, 05:05 PM
POTC went down on Tuesday for a long time and when finally opened the queue in front of the building smelled of sewer. There are two manhole covers just to the left of the door. Perhaps it built up and let loose the next day?

Indy went down at the same time Tuesday so i don't know if they were related.

Bytebear
02-22-2007, 06:02 PM
I remember once being in line (left side) and going around the back toward the old entrance to the building, and there was a smell. Another reason to take the right queue.

Disneyfreak
02-23-2007, 01:34 AM
This is not the first time that sewer has backed up and the attraction smelled for weeks. Not only that but the sewer that backs up can be smelled on Main Street as well. Its gross too because it smells like vomit mixed with sewage.

BraMax
02-23-2007, 07:17 AM
When we were there the first week of February every time we got stuck in the left que we had that awful sewer smell. It made me gag. So once the right que was opened we took that one from then on. 2 times was enough for me to smell it.

snappy
02-23-2007, 07:23 AM
It always smells around that are next to the restroom in NOS. Some say Methane, some say sewer problems. Which ever one it does smell there and for the life of me its been there forever.

findingmickey
02-23-2007, 07:43 PM
the ride was closed a couple weeks ago when we went too. i have an icky POTC story (well icky for us)! dh and i got seated in the back of the boat. once we stepped in we realized the bottom was a dirty, watery, gucky mess! the water was probably 2 inches deep with wet napkins floating in it too! and as the boat rocked the water went from side to side. the whole ride was basically trying to hold our feet up (and poor dh had slippers on)! and if this wasn't bad enough...in the last room before you head up our boats bumped with the one infront and my digital camera fell out of my sweatshirt pocket into the water on the floor! with my bare hand i had to fish it out (the water was all on my side at this point...gross). i thought my poor camera was done for. luckily it dried itself out and worked again the following day...big sigh of relief! but then my camera was a little stinky for awhile. i gave it a good cleaning when i got home...especially the strap! :rolleyes:

samkj
02-23-2007, 07:51 PM
We were there all week and completely missed the closure?!?!? I never noticed the smell near pirates, but in Tomorrowland the sewer smell was terrible. I avoided the entire area whenever possible!

stitchlvr
02-25-2007, 02:08 PM
We were there Tuesday and rode the ride shortly before it closed. I don't know why it closed but here's what I can say. The smell in the queue was worse than I had ever smelled it when waiting in line. It happened everytime you were near a manhole cover.

When we went on the ride, there was no smell inside. The boats did seem to be backing up worse than usual however.

We were having dinner at Blue Bayou when the ride closed for a long period of time. The inside of the building definitely didn't smell.

Cindarelly
02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
How gross! I hope it will be fixed soon. I am going to Disneyland soon.

Katlovett
02-26-2007, 07:48 AM
I wouldn't be surprise, since one of my first jobs was in retail and we had customers use the dressing rooms as bathrooms because they didn't know how ot speak english to ask where the real restroom is.

One of the big surprises for me, the first time I went to Europe, was the pay toilets everywhere which apparently resulted in a great deal of peeing in public areas by people who didn't want to pay to use the toilets (particularly in France and Italy, not so much in the UK.) As an urban woman I kind of expect to find this occuring in alleys, stairwells etc. but walking to the train station on normal sidewalks in the morning in Paris, we encountered a little urine puddle trailing across the sidewalk about every 100 feet or so.

Maybe some people don't know that most public restrooms in California are free.

Katprint

rokketride
02-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Was there yesterday and no sewage smell. Just that famous musty moisture smell we all know and love.