PDA

View Full Version : Engraved bricks in esplanade

neverlander
02-22-2007, 10:16 AM
I am interested in purchasing an engraved brick as a surprise for my husband's birthday. Does anyone know if they can still be ordered, who I would call, how long it takes, and the price? Thanks so much.

just beatla33
02-22-2007, 10:21 AM
I was instructed to call customer service

hefferdude
02-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I purchased two pavers and the acrylic replications during the first weekend in December. One for my mom and 1 for my family. It was about $185 total for each - $150 for the paver and $35 for the acrylic. I was told at the time by a nice CM at city hall, they had suspended sales for awhile until they got an accurate idea of space left to continue the program. Our pavers are scheduled for installation around May of '07. With the cert you get a general map of where your paver will be placed. We'll try to be there.

You can purchase them through customer service, or directly at city hall if you're in the park.

Boo's Mommy
02-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Is there a phone number for customer service?

tod
02-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Is there a phone number for customer service?

Try the main switchboard: 714 781 4000.

And FWIW, once the brick has been placed, they can tell you exactly where it is. They look it up in a book, then give you a map of the Esplanade and mark it with highlighter.

That's how I found the "Holly and Hef" brick.

--t

mypupmickey
02-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Also, If you are a Premium Annual Passholder you can get a discount. Not sure if the other annual passes give you a discount.

JohnGar
02-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Also, If you are a Premium Annual Passholder you can get a discount. Not sure if the other annual passes give you a discount.

Only the PAPs get a discount (10 percent) because this is considered merchandise. We got ours (with discount) and the paperwork stated that the brick is guaranteed to be there for 10 years. If they have to move it before the 10 years is up, they will give it back to you. Not sure if you get it once the 10 years is up or if they remove it for some reason.

Bytebear
02-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Does anyone know if they reair or replace them when they are broken? I have seen a few fiftieth bricks with the gold emblem missing.

smanrick51
02-23-2007, 07:42 AM

--t
Where is Hef's brick?!

charpaul
02-23-2007, 09:03 AM
On the ORIGINAL order forms that I looked at, it stated - "Disney was not responsible for repair or replacement of the bricks once they were installed. If a brick is very damaged it will be pulled and not replaced. "

It also stated in the fine print that your brick was only garunteed to be in place (barring damage) for a total of 8 (eight!!) years.
That was the expected life of a paver - then they would possibly start replacing with different pavers.

I do know from friends in FL that they have had bricks there for a LONG time and they just keep replacing pavement areas with new bricks. Not sure what Disney plans to do here at Disneyland.

GrouchoMarx
02-23-2007, 10:35 AM
I am interested in purchasing an engraved brick as a surprise for my husband's birthday. Does anyone know if they can still be ordered, who I would call, how long it takes, and the price? Thanks so much.

This information may be of some use to you. I received it when inquiring about the status of our brick a couple months ago:

If you should have any questions or concerns, please contact the Magical Memories office at (800) 760-3566, or email: dl.bricks@disney.com. Cast Members are available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm and Saturday from 8am to 4pm Pacific Standard Time.

tod
02-23-2007, 03:57 PM

Where is Hef's brick?!

Section C59, Number 476.

They're all section "C-something," I believe because that used to be section "C" of the Parking Lot.

--t
Who addressed him as "Mr. Hefner" when I introduced myself to him at the 2004 Playmate of the Year luncheon.

tonytone
02-26-2007, 08:22 AM
...they have to move it before the 10 years is up, they will give it back to you. Not sure if you get it once the 10 years is up or if they remove it for some reason.
When you say "it"...do you mean the stone itself or the amount paid for the stone? Either way, I'm guessing that they might not give you the actuall stone itself because...unless things were different before and/or after I purchased mine back in 2006--on the invoice/receipt that was mailed to me, I noticed that I was charged sales tax for the acrylic replica but not for the pavement stone itself. Now maybe Disney will still give you the actual stone to keep after the 10-year period or whenever they decide to remove the stones (if they actually even do so), but if they were actually intending to do so...one would think that you'd be charged sales tax for the stone also (in those states where sales tax is collected)...no?

On a somewhat-related note--while looking for our stone I noticed one that was laid down rotated 60 degrees off how all the other stones were laid down...is the mortar (or whatever it is they use to set the stones) that quick-setting, or was that particular stone set down that way on purpose? :confused:

hefferdude
02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I was informed my Delux AP gave me 10% off the acryllic but not the paver as the paver was considered original art. I think the pavers are simply set on a compressed sand bed like a normal patio and not actually "cemented".

I certainly hope they allow the purchaser first option to collect their paver at the end of it's "lifespan".:(

findingmickey
03-02-2007, 10:56 PM
thanks for this info! i emailed and they replied with an order form! i'm mailing in tomorrow for our brick (you can also fax or order over the phone, but i'd rather submit on paper)! we're gonna put our names and wedding date with the little bells picture. hopefully more bricks are available after may when our baby comes and i can order one for baby with name and birth date! i'm so excited about it!

next DL trip is set for march 9...my bday! i'm really looking fwd to that dang birthday button LOL!

:D

Cindarelly
03-02-2007, 11:39 PM
A good friend of mine and her honey just had theirs placed in front of the main gate about 2 months ago. Hope that means they are still for sale.

neverlander
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all the guidance. I promptly received an e-mail back from Disney with the order form and application agreement. The e-mail stated that brick orders submitted before April 30, 2007 will be installed sometime in August (barring unforeseen delays). I'm going to stick our order in the mail now and hopefully it will be installed before our trip during the last week of August!