PDA

View Full Version : Country Bears Live!!!

Lost Boy
06-04-2002, 08:08 PM
Here is some exiting news for Country Bear Fans.

The movie will open on July 26th at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. And, for the first month only, after every showing of the movie the Bears from the movie will appear live on stage doing a live concert. And these are the Jim Henson Bears with the Henson Puppiteers backstage working the A/A Heads. This should be something.

This announcement was made this last Saturday, at the El Capitan, by the studio as they were taping a TV Special on the Country Bears and their new movie. The special will be shown (on ABC I think) at or near the end of this month (June).

Now I know there is another thread right now on the Country Bears coming back and all that, but I wanted you all to see this now and not miss it if you live near (or not so near in this case drive to see it) so you can all get the opportunity to see this very special event at the El Cap. Nothing like this has ever been done before. I know these aren't the Bears from the Park, but right now its all we've got.

And, yes, the Country Bear Theater at Disneyland is completely gutted. Nothing left but an empty shell. I have seen it and it ain't pretty folks. The Bears are gone from Disneyland in what will probably be the biggest mistake they have made yet. But, That's The Way It Is.

corrinhorn
06-04-2002, 08:15 PM
I heard somewhere that CHristopher Walken is in the New CB movie. I will go and see it just for him!

Ace
06-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Christopher Walken rules for 2 reasons: 1) Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice. 2) Every time he went on SNL.

Lost Boy
06-04-2002, 09:07 PM
He is the villian in the movie. He wants too tear down the Country Bear Playhouse and build a Parking Lot on the land. Evil through and through. :eek:

Ace
06-04-2002, 09:09 PM
awww.... he's still cool.

edit: when I read this I thought the title was "Country Bears Live!" as in the present tense of "to live", not "live" meaning in concert.... aww.

Tigertail777
06-04-2002, 10:49 PM
So your saying that Cristoper Walken plays the role of Michael Eisner???:D THAT IS EVIL!!!!

Lani
06-04-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
He is the villian in the movie. He wants too tear down the Country Bear Playhouse and build a Parking Lot on the land. Evil through and through. :eek: Silly man; everybody knows you build another attraction over an old one! :p

Disneylandman
06-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Ok I guess I have to go and see the movie now... this will be cool

corrinhorn
06-05-2002, 03:42 PM
Don't forget Mr. Walken Singing "cant take my eyes off of you" in Deer Hunter!!!

justagrrl
06-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
1) Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice.

That's too funny. I'd seen that video somewhere and thought - what in the heck is this? He's just soooo serious to be up and dancing like that! ;)

And does anyone think that Disney sees the irony in the plot behind the country bear movie?

Lost Boy
06-05-2002, 08:23 PM
It is kind of ironic now, but the movie was plotted and written out long before they took out Country Bears at Disneyland. They knew exactly what they wanted to do and just went ahead and did it. And the funny thing is that now, just maybe, they may lose all that merchandising for Pooh. And the whole idea of Pooh in Critter Country was to put in more places to buy Pooh merchandise, as if there isn't enough pooh in the Park now.

But, I degress somewhat. This moive has gone over the top with test audiences. So much so that two sequels and a TV series are being planned. And I hear that the Bears built by Jim Hensen's Creature Factory are amazing. They may not look like we are used to, but they are the Country Bears. And lots of big name Country Western/Rock stars are providing the singing voices for the Bears. And Halley Joel Osmot (the kid from "Sixth Sense" and "AI" is providing the voice for Barry Bear, the cub who goes in search of the Bear Band with Henry (Leaving Rufus to watch over and fix up the Playhouse). I am looking forward to this much more than the rather stupid sounding movies based on Pirates and Masion. Niether one of those has anything at all to do with the story in the attractions whereas this one follows the story line and adds too it making the Country Bears a very famous band with Platnum Selling albums and sold out concerts, until they disbanded due to "Creative Differences". Hey, if this is the only way to see my Bears for now, I will take it. :D

justagrrl
06-06-2002, 05:39 AM
Do they sing that "there was blood on the saddle" song in the movie??? (looking hopeful)

Lost Boy
06-06-2002, 08:38 PM
Not as far as I have heard. The three songs they did for the special last Saturday are all either new Country Western songs or songs I just never heard of. But, so far, no Blood on the Saddle". But you can download Tex Ritters original full version of the song on Morpheus. I did and it's great.
:cool: