PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney... hours? [early morning]

AlbertaMinnie
02-21-2007, 03:54 PM
In August, we are going to arrive 1 day before the rest of our group and my husband has asked that we use that day to visit some hotrod shops in Huntington Beach - which is fine with me, but I always get up a lot earlier than him and the kids and I thought it would be nice to 'sneak' out of the hotel room that morning and go for a nice leisurely stroll and window shop in Downtown Disney before they get up. I know the shops and restaurants won't be open....but does the downtown district itself have hours or is it ok to just enjoy the peace and quiet and go for an early morning walk through the area?

emmah
02-21-2007, 04:19 PM
In August, we are going to arrive 1 day before the rest of our group and my husband has asked that we use that day to visit some hotrod shops in Huntington Beach - which is fine with me, but I always get up a lot earlier than him and the kids and I thought it would be nice to 'sneak' out of the hotel room that morning and go for a nice leisurely stroll and window shop in Downtown Disney before they get up. I know the shops and restaurants won't be open....but does the downtown district itself have hours or is it ok to just enjoy the peace and quiet and go for an early morning walk through the area?

you can definitely walk through it in the early morning - or at any time, it is not gated but has open access. some of the breakfast places are open relatively early (the dlr website has opening hours for all the dtd shops) - la brea for eg, opens pretty early.

just beatla33
02-21-2007, 04:21 PM
hours vary by location

Donald Duck Fan68
02-21-2007, 04:26 PM
As far as I know, there's no hours to the district itself. You should have no problem strolling the district in the early morning hours. I've walked through the area as late as 2 am and as early as 5:30 am.

AlbertaMinnie
02-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! I will be sure to take a coffee with me and enjoy the peace and quiet! I just couldn't remember if the security tents into the esplanade were gated during the early hours, since we are staying on Harbor. :)

Donald Duck Fan68
02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh, well that's a little different. I don't know if you will be able to walk through the esplanade to get there in the early morning. You may need to walk the long way around. How "early" are you talking about? That would probably help in knowing whether or not the security tents would be open yet or not.

mousemom
02-21-2007, 08:26 PM
We've walked through there many times before 6 am in December off season and had no trouble getting through. Nobody around except for workers spraying the sidewalks. I imagine in early August the parks are busier and DTD would be open at least as early. That is a refreshing time of day to be out compared to the busy daytime traffic.

emmah
02-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Oh, well that's a little different. I don't know if you will be able to walk through the esplanade to get there in the early morning. You may need to walk the long way around. How "early" are you talking about? That would probably help in knowing whether or not the security tents would be open yet or not.

the security tents are not there early on - you just walk straight through - the check points don't open up until a set time before the park opens.