PDA

View Full Version : Nothin' in here but...

moxie
06-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Bees! And I'm not talking about the free- kind this time. When were at Disneyland on Sunday we noticed that there was a circle of CM's all around Cosmic Waves, blocking the path so that no one could go through it. The pathway that runs between the Pizza Port and Cosmic Waves was also completely blocked so you had to go around the other side. We also noticed some security guards and official looking types standing near one of the trees.

One of the CM's guarding the area told us the reason was because there was a swarm of bees in a tree in the south east corner (well, it's a circle so there really isn't a corner, but in that direction) and they were trying to contain them. What's more, the CM we talked to was allergic to bee stings! He said he doesn't ask questions, he just stands where they tell him to stand. That's dedication.

-mox

Barbacide
06-04-2002, 02:36 PM
Those bees need to be caught and taken back to Critter Country. I hear they are going to be part of the Pooh ride. Can you imagine sitting in a freshly painted Hunny Pot and all of the sudden 1,000's of angry bees attack you! It'd be great. I certainly think I'd ride it. Perhaps at the end they'll have scores up, kinda like WDW's Buzz LIghtyear!

cemeinke
06-04-2002, 02:40 PM
Uh, 1st Cosmic Waves drie sup and now a Plague of Bees - this is surely a sign of the end-times!

:D

MouseWife
06-04-2002, 03:24 PM
I am glad to hear they took the bee situation seriously.

I am afraid of bees. I am annoyed by bees. Sometimes, I am
allergic to bees. I don't know if my kids are allergic. I don't want to find out.

Is it just me or have any one else of you noticed a lot of swarms about? I hadn't ever seen one and now I see them quite frequently.

MonorailMan
06-04-2002, 05:25 PM
Bees, maybe it's Tomorrowland after all, because more and more killer bees are in the world. :)

Tigertail777
06-04-2002, 10:59 PM
OH GOD! I absolutely freak around bees--hate them hate them! They better not be there when we go in July or I'll run screaming down Mainstreet! Plus the damn buggers always target me--they smell fear, even when I try to stay calm, and I am a bit allergic. AAA!! I get the chills just thinking about those little devils! Curious though....how do you corral a swarm of bees?--seems almost impossible to get 'em all--especially in a place with lots of people to target (or maybe one in particular :) ). I say take a blow torch to them! Betcha those darn pomegranite trees are to blame --bees love that sweet stuff. Does Disney have its own exterminators? Seems there would be beehives and other pests everywhere if they didn't. If I was that Castmember I would tell them to go to h--e--double toothpicks--no way in hades would I stick around...hope they got hazard pay.:eek: