PDA

View Full Version : Going in July! - A couple of questions

canadasunflower
02-21-2007, 04:09 AM
I spent a lot of time on this board prior to going on our honeymoon trip in 2005, and now we have confirmed that we are going back this summer. (I have been working a second job to pay for this trip - it is going to be our last for quite some time).

I have a couple of questions that hopefully some of you DL regulars could answer for me:

1. Do they still sell the Mr. Potato Heads in DCA? The ones where you can fill up the boxes with the loose pieces? Any clue how much those cost?

2. Is it possible for adults to order kid's meals at restaurants in the park? I can't eat the large portions, and it would save a great deal of money.

I am so excited about this trip! We are planning on geting Riverside Seating for F! and are crossing our fingers that Nemo will be open by the time we arrive.

Thanks in advance for the answers!

acpalmer
02-21-2007, 05:55 AM
1. Do they still sell the Mr. Potato Heads in DCA? The ones where you can fill up the boxes with the loose pieces? Any clue how much those cost?

2. Is it possible for adults to order kid's meals at restaurants in the park? I can't eat the large portions, and it would save a great deal of money.

They do still sell the Mr. Potato Heads in DCA. I *believe* that a box was $18 when we were there over Thanksgiving.

I ordered kids' meals at the counter service locations (mainly because I found and sat at a table and DH went up to order, so how did they know who he was ordering for). At table service locations, that might be quite a bit harder, but I don't know for sure.

Malcon10t
02-21-2007, 09:15 AM
2. Is it possible for adults to order kid's meals at restaurants in the park? I can't eat the large portions, and it would save a great deal of money.At the walk up places, yes, you can. At the sit downs (Carnation, Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou) no. My daughter and I have found, cheaper than kids' meals is ordering something and splitting it (places like Pizza Port). For my child who hates food on the adult menu, they are very happy to take a child's order and make it an adults.

Donald Duck Fan68
02-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Nemo should be open by the time you arrive in July. They have a target date of June 11 for the Sub opening.

canadasunflower
02-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Nemo should be open by the time you arrive in July. They have a target date of June 11 for the Sub opening.

I know! I just hope nothing goes wrong between now and then, because we probably won't be back for 8-10 years after this trip and I so want to see it!

Thanks for the quick answers - you guys are the greatest!