PDA

View Full Version : Where do you feel the magic?

Pages : [1] 2

Inkyprintz
02-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I leave for DLR in 12 days and I'm so excited! We go to WDW regularly but haven't been to DLR for about 5 years. I was just thinking about all my favorite things that I have to make sure I experience and that I share with my BF who has never been there. Of course I have favorite rides and shows but I was thinking about how there are magical, intangible experiences that many of us experience and can relate to. Do you know what I mean? For me, I get a fluttery feeling when I think of being on Main Street (DL or MK) early, on a sunny morning when all the crowds are running off to their favorite rides. I can smell the Toll-house cookies baking as I leisurely wander in and out of the shops, chatting with the CMs. And I don't think there's anything prettier than Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom in the evening. I don't need to be doing anything. Just give me a mild evening, sitting on a bench under some twinkling lights with a view of a Disney castle, reflecting on a full day of Disney fun. I'm sure I'm not alone! A friend of mine said that her favorite part of a trip to Disneyland is sitting on a curb on Main Street, surrounded by people, eating ice cream before it melts, and looking down the street and getting her first exciting glimpse of the approaching parade. It's just a magic moment in time for her that takes her right back to when she was a child. What about you? I'd love to hear about what intangibles some of you find magical!

futurecm21
02-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, there are so many things its hard to know where to begin. I totally agree with you about Disneyland at night. Most of the lines are short, and the crowds are long gone. Its the perfect time to catch the Indiana Jones Adventure, and then head off for a leisurely sit down in Tommorowland while watching Astro Orbiters. I also have to agree with the idea about early morning, just before opening. Again though, I have to say that everything about it is magical, I can't really pick a favorite thing or location. :)
futurecm21

az_snow
02-20-2007, 11:20 PM
So many things... the most special ones are the ones that I remembered from when I had visited when I was 5-6 years old. I will name a few... The twinkling lights in the trees.. Main Street at night... right before you get to the shack with the banjo music in PotC... sitting on bench on Tom Sawyer's Island watching the Mark Twain go by... used to be In Country Bears Jamboree when Teddy Barra came down on her swing... walking along the Rivers of America at night... ok pretty much anywhere in DL at night... and in the daytime.. ok, everything!

mommy-san
02-21-2007, 06:24 AM
New Orleans Square At Night, Walking Under The Right Tunnel At Entry, The Smell Of The Candy Store, Hugging Stitch. That's Where The Magic Is For Me.
Oh, And The Wobbly Leg Feeling After Space Mountain.

jMom
02-21-2007, 06:28 AM
When I hear the music, as I approach the gates.

Watching my daughter drink in the Snow White statues near her wishing well.

Quieter back streets of NOS.

Parades!

yohomama212
02-21-2007, 06:40 AM
Knowing that after just two months as AP holders and continuous visits to the parks my kids know most of the words to the POTC song!

Watching my kids watch the parade and fireworks. Seriously, everytime my DD sees the princesses she gets so excitied I think she's going to cry!

Watching my mom watch the kids! There's nothing quite like a happy Nana!

Hearing Walt's voice or seeing a picture of him in the park. (My great-grandfather looked a lot like Walt, so sometimes I think it's him watching us too!)

Liz :cool:

snappy
02-21-2007, 10:28 AM
1.When I was a kid it was the SMELL of the Exhaust of the Submarine ride!
2.Hearing the announcement of the train arriving!
3.Standing in line for the sky buckets! Up,up,up the stairs.

And now the magic is when my wallet is empty after renewing my A.P and spending the day at Disneyland.

Pat-n-Eil
02-21-2007, 10:35 AM
The times when I feel the "Magic" are:

1. Hearing the little whistle noise as they scan my passport.
2. Walking into Adventureland from the Hub Area
3. New Orleans Square by the restrooms where you can hear the conversations eminating from the buildings.
4. The Bayou with fireflies & such at the beginning of PotC.

Donald Duck Fan68
02-21-2007, 03:45 PM
As az_snow said, I feel it everywhere, but it is a little stronger in the following areas:

1. Right after the boat launch on PotC in the Bayou, seeing the fireflies and hearing the banjo
2. Hearing the Tea Cup music going into FL near the Matterhorn
3. The Riverboat scene in Splash
4. Going through the que in Indy
5. Anytime spontaneous entertainment pops up unexpectedly, like the trash can trio, New Orleans street musicians, or running into characters

GeminiAngel
02-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Walk through tunnel, go up main street. Turn left into Adventure Land. Pass through the bottle neck into New Orleans Square. Ahh theres my magical feeling, the first sight of New Orleans Square. Traditional first ride POTC.

LUV_U_MICKEY
02-21-2007, 05:25 PM
On My trip last year, I think I started to feel the Magic When I started walking down the street to the front gates. I remember raceing my son and sis to see who could get to the park faster. I was soo excited. I almost cried when we walked throught frountier land and saw Woody and Jessie. My ds look at me and had the biggest smile ever. Woody has been his hero since he was 2. He still sleeps with his Woody doll he got for his 3rd Christmas. I think meetting him was ds fav. part of the trip. I was in ahhh about how much you can feel by just beeing in the park.

GeminiAngel
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
We're heading to WDW for the first time in April. I'm wondering where the magic is gonna hit me in the MK. No New Orleans Square!!!

Inkyprintz
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Oh yea- I forgot about the firelies at the start or PotC! I can't wait - I'm like a squirmy child!

mickeyxminnie
02-21-2007, 06:00 PM
sleeping beauty's castle.. i dont even need to be in the park seeing a photo or video of it..

walking under the tunnel on the left into the park

the line for haunted mansion

theres soo many things.

gibson510
02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
There is something special about the park at night. The entire atmosphere changes. I feel really alive when I see the lights lighting up different lands and feeling the cool night air. Sitting at the Rancho del Zocalo at night, under the heat lamp and watching Big Thunder go by, I get the feeling that I would rather not be anywhere else. Standing at the base of the Matterhorn on any side, looking at the blue glow and listening to the whistling wind and screams of guests. Waiting in line and chatting with friends and family in the decorated queue lines. Watching that entertainment and of corse, the rides.

splash
02-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Okay, for me, the magic began when I was standing in Fantasyland, near IASW. It began snowing! I have seen many things while at the park, but that one brought the magic home.

Hi-Ho
02-23-2007, 12:50 PM
-After waiting in line, finally getting through the entrance turnstile and under the bridge to see the incredible view down Main Street, USA.
-The part of Splash Mountain after you go down the first few hills and the music starts up nice & loud (or the view of the bear's butt - maybe not magical, but makes me smile every time)
-Definitely the fireflies and banjo on POTC
-When you finally pick up speed on Space Mountain and start flying around the curves
-Smell of Cinnabon at Blue Ribbon bakery in the morning
-The sound of the boat's motor revving up on jungle cruise
-All the twinkling lights in the trees at night - night time at DL has to be THE most magical place

Mooshu
02-23-2007, 02:06 PM
1) The whistle as you enter the turnstiles as the castmember scans your AP

2) The Disney RR whistle and recorded message as the train is pulling in

3) The smell of the candy shop on Main St.

rentayenta
02-23-2007, 04:47 PM
So many things... the most special ones are the ones that I remembered from when I had visited when I was 5-6 years old. I will name a few... The twinkling lights in the trees.. Main Street at night... right before you get to the shack with the banjo music in PotC... sitting on bench on Tom Sawyer's Island watching the Mark Twain go by... used to be In Country Bears Jamboree when Teddy Barra came down on her swing... walking along the Rivers of America at night... ok pretty much anywhere in DL at night... and in the daytime.. ok, everything!

Wow- our spots are the same! I just love the twinkling lights. And Teddy Berra, I miss her. Also the smell inside POTC is magical to me and riding the Matterhorn at night on the FL side. IASW at night is also fantastic especially when the clock hits the hour. Main Street in early morning when the streets are still wet and fresh! The smell on Main St. too.

Inkyprintz
02-23-2007, 05:20 PM
I love reading about all your "magic" spots! I do love just about everything about Disney parks but it's these little sensory feasts that make it so special for me. I always knew that I was not alone- there would be no need for a forum like this if the magic didn't affect so many people. Thanks for reminding me of all these magical touches. Now I just have to make it through one more week of work!

Inkyprintz
02-23-2007, 05:32 PM
We're heading to WDW for the first time in April. I'm wondering where the magic is gonna hit me in the MK. No New Orleans Square!!!

You are going to love it! You'll find new magic and touches of familiar magic. The first thing that came to mind for me was how much I like to ride the Tommowland Transit Authority at the end of a long day. It's so nice to get off your tired feet and be wisked around Tomorrowland, all lit up, trees twinkling. And every so often you get a view of Cinderella's castle.

june1st1997
02-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I fell in love with my husband at Disneyland. There is a place by BTMRR just beyond it on ROA. If you look acroos there is (was) a mining car sticking out of the mountain. A light shines up on it.

We were on our first date (sorta, I had a boyfriend and this was not supposed to be a date). We had been at the park all day. It was about 11:30pm. We stopped there while we were running to POTC. He looked at me and I knew he wanted to kiss me and he knew I wanted him to kiss me... he stepped in really close and looked into my eyes... and then I blurted out.. "Ya know the water is only 3 feet deep here" and then I just walked away.

10 years later, I smile everytime we walk by.

Inkyprintz
02-23-2007, 06:52 PM
I fell in love with my husband at Disneyland....
10 years later, I smile everytime we walk by.

I LOVE that! What a fun memory!

futurecm21
02-23-2007, 07:10 PM
4. The Bayou with fireflies & such at the beginning of PotC.

Yes! I know exactly what you mean. POTC is usually the first ride I go on when I get in the park, and therefore this is one of the places I feel Disney magic. Another place I just thought of, is the when I'm zooming through the Matterhorn! Yes its pretty hard to focus on feeling magical, but with the amazing views of the entire park, how can you avoid it.:)
futurecm21

mickeyxminnie
02-24-2007, 01:26 AM
He looked at me and I knew he wanted to kiss me and he knew I wanted him to kiss me... he stepped in really close and looked into my eyes... and then I blurted out.. "Ya know the water is only 3 feet deep here" and then I just walked away.

that is sooo cute its totally one of those movie love story type moments..

going on dates with boys when you have a boyfriend and they arent your boyfriend was so much fun... thats how i got my boy as well.. not at disneyland though