PDA

View Full Version : Dining With Character [Pin Series]

yohomama212
02-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Someone recently asked when the next date was for the Dining With Character pin release. I can't remember who or when or if it was even answered, but I thought I would go ahead and post this for anyone who needed or wanted the info. The next pin is going to be released on March 11th and will feature "Chef" Sebastian on a fictious magazine cover showing Ariel's Grotto.

Liz :cool:

mask41
02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
For a newbie who is trying to learn everything - what is a Dining with Character pin, where do you get them, etc.
Thanks!!

yohomama212
02-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Disney Pin Trading is a fun collector hobby. The Dining With Character pin series is a group of pins (6 each year?) designed around dining in the parks. AP holders can get the pins on or after certain dates, as available. You must spend at least $30 at select resturants in the park before taxes, alcohol, and applicable discounts and you get a pin for every $30 you spend. Oh boy, it's late... I hope all that made sense. There's probably someone out there who can say it better.

VickiC
02-21-2007, 09:19 AM
How long are they usually available? I'm out of town that weekend. Usually if I want a pin we'll go eat the very first day, so no idea how long they usually last.

(First ever weekend away with hubby with no kids!)

yohomama212
02-21-2007, 12:49 PM
We were there January 21 on the first day the Goofy pin was released and then were there a few weeks later, February 12th and there were still a few available in select locations. I suppose it mostly depends on demand.