PDA

View Full Version : My 160 Mile Road Trip to Disneyland!

yohomama212
02-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Yup! We drove over 160 miles to get to DL yesterday! But I live 15.7 miles away, how does that work? Simply put, it wasn't our original plan! Sis and her bf came down over the weekend and we were going to go to SeaWorld. Unfortuately it started raining Sunday night and San Diego was soaked through on Monday morning. But we decided to drive all the way down just to see for ourselves. Then drove back and ended up at DL anyway. By that time, bro was done with his school project so he brought the new gf we hadn't met yet and we all went to DL! Sis, bf, bro, and gf ended up getting APs, so now we're all going to be little junkies! We didn't actually make it into the park until around 4pm, so there wasn't time for all usual stuff but we still had fun!

-upgraded 2fers to APs and rented strollers
-bought new clothes for DD cuz she spilled her drink and those were her spare clothes!
-bought churros and got in line for POTC, I wasn't feeling well so I waited while mom, kids, and group rode my fave ride.
-potty break and changed DS' clothes
-rode HM, freaked out bro's gf by accident
-sis, bf, bro, gf rode Space Mountain (they loved it) while mom, kids, and I waited for parade
-got hot chocolates and coffee while waiting, then got them all spilled onto me (HOT!!!!!!!!) due to rude crowds.
-watched parade
-went to StarTrader and bought sweatshirt I had been dying to get. Mass shopping was enjoyed by all. Got great tip on where to enjoy fireworks by nice CM!
-I waited with now sleeping kids while others rode Star Tours
-over to Bengal Barbecue for dinner! OH! It was so yummy!
-ran out to truck to get blankets so we didn't suffer to badly during fireworks. Walked the long way around on the way there, remembered the Monorail on the way back!
-Made it back just in time to see guy propose to his gf and fireworks began!
-Won't share my secret viewing spot since it was so nice and uncrowded and I loved every minute of it!
-Said good-byes, mom and kids and I left to go to our homes, bro and gf left to go to their homes in the opposite direction, and sis and bf hung out at the park a bit longer.

Exhausting and painful day, but overall, even the magic of DL made the day so wonderful!

Liz :cool:

lobotomomma
02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Nice DL diversion trip, Liz! Isn't it great that no matter how hectic the day is, you look back and think it was still wonderful? You were in DL....and that Disney magic truly works, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing!!

darph nader
02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Is this one of those Family Circle things?:D
"Hey Jeffy, go find your father".:cool:

ps,I wished I lived 15.7 miles from DL.:(

yohomama212
02-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Is this one of those Family Circle things?:D
"Hey Jeffy, go find your father".:cool:

ps,I wished I lived 15.7 miles from DL.:(

LOL! I nearly died laughing... I cried! Picturing a map of SoCal with little dashes on it! Getting soaked it San Diego, stopping for lunch in Oceanside, then passing home and crashing happily in DL!

Liz :cool: