PDA

View Full Version : Attractions in which you prefer to wait stand-by

Disneynerd
02-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Although the Fastpass is an excellent timesaver, do you ever feel you miss out on some of the attraction while breezing down the fastpass alley?

What are you thoughts? Have a magical day!:)

stan4d_steph
02-20-2007, 06:29 AM
Not so much at DL. Indy is probably the only one where you miss out on some of the extra touches in the queue. WDW has a larger number of detailed queues, in my opinion.

just beatla33
02-20-2007, 06:55 AM
I just think the only ride you miss things out is for Roger Rabbit. Besides that you're not missing much

Vegitabeta
02-20-2007, 06:58 AM
I've never stood in the actual line for Indy, always got FPs, I'm sure the detail in the queue is great, but like...those lines get so long!

Niwel
02-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Very much RR...
I miss not being able to see as much of the ToT lobby as I'd like since the FP line doesn't go past it.

Another Dimension
02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Even with a Fast Pass, I generally take as long as I want when walking the FP queue anyway.

If I want to enjoy the Indy or Roger Rabbit queue at my leisure, no one is going to hurry me. Politely go around or patiently wait behind me, after all.. it is your place in line.
That's life. At Disneyland and everywhere else. :D

sixwoofys
02-22-2007, 03:13 AM
Star Tours. I like to take time with the kids and show them all the stuff (above too). There is so much to look at. Even in the fast pass lane, people passing can be a distraction sort of though.

The old man
02-22-2007, 05:51 AM
Star Tours. I like to take time with the kids and show them all the stuff (above too). There is so much to look at. Even in the fast pass lane, people passing can be a distraction sort of though.
What Star Tours FP line?

acpalmer
02-22-2007, 06:36 AM
What Star Tours FP line?

Star Tours used to have a FP, but they took the machines out about a year ago. And I believe they were closed for quite a while before the machines were actually removed.

DisneylandForever
02-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I agree with those that said Roger Rabbit. When using FP you completely bypass all cool stuff! At least in other rides (Indy, Star Tours) you would be able to see the queue as you walked briskly past all the poor standby folks. :p

just beatla33
02-22-2007, 08:46 AM
I just rememebered I haven't walked through the original line for RR since 97

Kentenathien
02-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I would have to say Splash Mountain. Not so much because of the physical atmosphere but more so the social atmosphere. It seems, on every Disneyland trip i've done, it is always Splash Mountain where my friends and I meet new people and groups of people. And I must say, on more than one occasion, it was the only ride where large quantities of strangers break into song for no apparent reason. I can't exactly explain the social dynamics that exist in the Splash Mountain queue.

aricbell
02-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Tower of Terror, I like meeting fellow riders

Donald Duck Fan68
02-22-2007, 02:26 PM
I've never stood in the actual line for Indy, always got FPs, I'm sure the detail in the queue is great, but like...those lines get so long!

There's really not that much to miss; the outside portion of the line has some switchbacks that go past some Indy related expedition equipment and a look at the temple area, but both the standard que and the fastpass que merge at the temple entrance, so both get to see the elaborate detail on the inside. My favorite portions of the que are the spike room (which never seems to work when I'm there anymore) and the "don't pull the rope" well.

Honestly though, I can't think of any ride that I would bypass FP for the standard que.

gibson510
02-22-2007, 03:02 PM
If you have a friend or someone to talk to that you enjoy the company of, any ride line is fun to wait stand-by. Indy is fun and splash mountian.