PDA

View Full Version : My "Cheap" trip - Mar 2-5

kkmickey
02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I am so excited that I will be making yet another trip to Disneyland in a couple of weeks. (My fourth trip in 15 months - for me - coming from Vancouver Wa and not having any family members working for the airlines - that is a record!)

My husband's birthday is March 7, so this is kind of a combination Valentine's/Bday present. One reason we are going that weekend is that he is a surfer, and there is a surf contest on March 4 at Hungtington Beach. For that reason, I am not staying that close to Disneyland, but I will sacrifice convenience to satisfy my husband's surfer's soul.

SO - here is my cheap trip -
- Using my Alaska mileage - Plane tickets $5 per non-stop ticket PDX to Orange county (I have an Alaska card and I pay all my utilities with it to earn miles)
- Hotel - Hyatt Regency Newport Beach - priceline for $110 per night (I could have gotten something closer for less, but we have to stay closer to the beach)
- Rental car - through Costco.com, which I have never used before - $58.24 TOTAL for a mid-size car for Friday morning through Monday evening.

Last to purchase is my tickets, which I will likely buy through AAA, because those tickets include free parking - 4 day passes for $149, I think. Unless someone knows of a better buy???

I am so glad that my husband loves Disneyland almost as much as I do - or at least tolerates my love for it :)

Hope the weather is nice!

Kristin

rentayenta
02-19-2007, 05:23 PM
My bday is March 7 and my DH surfs too. Sounds like a great, economical trip! :)

Inkyprintz
02-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi KKMickey
I'm going to Disneyland around the same time too- March 4-7 and I can't wait! I work in the travel industry and DLR is offering some great deals for us this time of year. I haven't been to Disneyland since 2002 and my boyfriend has never been there before so I can't wait for him to see everything! Have a great trip!!

just beatla33
02-20-2007, 07:00 AM
my cheap trip is just eating at home before I leave and just pay for gas and thats it.