PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Del Sol Inn

kdsmit07
02-18-2007, 09:17 PM
As most of you now know, I am going to Disneyland in Early April with my brother, his girlfriend and her sister. I am driving and we are spending 3 days at the resort. We are staying at the Anaheim Del Sol Inn the 4 days before Easter and leaving on Easter Sunday. I am sorry if any of you checked into this hotel for those dates, we got the last 2 rooms.

Anyway, what are the pro's and con's about this hotel...
-I know we are across the street and behind the Denny's.Have any of you stayed here? Thanks for all of the information.

~~~God Bless~~~

SarahJanet
02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I stayed there two years ago, and while it is not the ritiziest hotel in the world, it was really freaking convenient! I can overlook a lot of mediocrity for a location like that.

But it was fine. Nothing outstanding, but the staff were friendly, the breakfast was adequate if not exciting, and the room was pleasant enough. It's nice being back from the road a ways - makes it a bit quieter without losing the convenience.

Parking is not always great, but if you're not doing much driving while you're there (and why would you, if all you're doing is going to the parks), just find a spot and stay in it!

We'll be there the same time, although we're staying at a different hotel this time. Have fun!

Malcon10t
02-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Anyway, what are the pro's and con's about this hotel...
-I know we are across the street and behind the Denny's.Have any of you stayed here? Thanks for all of the information.Its the only place my kids have said never again to. The walls were so thin we could hear conversations in the next room. The room stunk and the floor was wet. Denny's is handy though. This was May 2005.

oregontraveler
02-19-2007, 04:41 AM
Have to agree with SarahJanet as well. Close to the park, OK breakfast.
love the free parking. I stayed there in 2005. My first night was on the first floor, close to the pool. Then I moved up to the 2nd floor above the office. I didn't have any problems with the noise, or 'thin walls'.

mkraemer
02-19-2007, 08:30 AM
We stayed at that property, years ago, when it was under different management, but really, the structure is the same thing as now.

I think the noise level issue can be a hit or miss thing in any hotel. During our stay there, we had no problems with noise and found things to be perfectly adequate (as another poster said, it's not ritzy but it's got great location). During that same stay, one of our friends who was also staying there said it was noisy and she had a terrible night's sleep because of it.

All that said, I hope that you got a good rate for your stay; I've seen the prices for that hotel fluctuate wildly and it's incomprehensible to me that they can get some of the outrageous prices they charge.

SarahJanet
02-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah, we went over Easter weekend last time and paid $79 a night. Make sure they don't over charge you!

DisneylandForever
02-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I stayed there back when it was the "Best Inn." It was crap. I haven't stayed there since the ownership change, however. I sure hope they replaced those rock hard beds!

sjcivilady
02-19-2007, 03:57 PM
My brother, SIL and myself stayed there in a room with 2 queens last December. It was decent and very roomy. We did not have problems with the showers like I had read in reviews. I would stay again for a few nights/quick trip kind of thing if I could get it at a reasonable price. AND I would bring my own bathtowel - that was my only complaint, they are very thin and worn out. You can't beat the location. We were on the first floor back near the pool. We laughed at the sound of the person above us walking around, was pretty loud, but it wasn't a problem for us, we were awake anyway. The covered parking spaces are fine, but the uncovered looked really tight. Have a fun trip!