PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant Surprises...

kikid
02-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Checked into the DLH, Thurs @ 4:30 with: DS 15, DN 16, My sister and Me!
We were told at check-in that our room had been upgraded to a suite on the 11th floor! I guess I was a little too excited, as I noticed our boys were giving me that, "not here-not now" look. Our room was right across from the Mickey Suite! My sister thought it a little odd that I was taking a photo of the Mickey Plaque, but hey.
We ran (ok the boys "sauntered") over to the park so we could get in some rides before the early closing. Of course the first ride would have to be Space, with the RHCP! Now mind you I have NEVER EVER wanted to go on this ride. I do not like roller coasters...but,.....I could not resist this time. As we approached the loading que my hands were cold and I was begining to doubt my sanity. My son turned to me and said, "Mom are you really going?",
I of course put on my brave face, and flipppantly said "Of Course!". What a blast! I can't believe I've let my fears keep me away from such fun all these years. The sound track was amazing, the twists and turns...Wow! "I'll be back"!
Headed over to Pirates (my sis and DN had not seen the refurb) they were impressed. I was impressed with no lines!
After the park closed we headed towards ESPN for a little late night dinner..the wait was over an hour so we ended up at Tortilla Joes. I have to say TJ has proven to be one of my favorite restaurants: Food is always good, prices are decent and the service has been superb. After dinner it was back to the DLH to enjoy our suite (and Grey's Anatomy) for the night, then back to the parks on Friday!

Leap for Joy
02-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Wow, your trip is off to a great start! Thanks for sharing the fun!!!

nvmom
02-17-2007, 07:59 AM
A suite upgrade! How cool! I'd be very excited too!

Last Mon we ran into 2 gals in line at Gadget's Coaster. They'd been upgraded to a suite at the DLH too... complete with a balloon bouquet. Then they got dream fastpasses when they walked in the park that morning. They were over the moon!! :)

nvmom

Heaven Is Disneyland
02-17-2007, 08:43 AM
KiKid, your post cracked me up. Especially the part where you said, "the not here not now" look your kids gave you.

I am so happy that you got that cool room. It is so refreshing to hear that other people get silly and exicted about Disneyland. I feel like joining this site has put me in touch with "my own kind"........finally!

I am glad you were brave enought to go on Space Mountain. I feel very brave and cool myself after going on it. I think my crowning achievement is going on what I call Scary Mickey (California Screamin). I am the biggest baby when it come to rides, I can't beleive I go on that but I only considered it because it was Disney. I do not enjoy roller coasters, I don't think that "I am going to die" feeling is fun.........but I can do just about everything at Disneyland......

Hope the rest of your trip was fun!

findingmickey
02-17-2007, 05:30 PM
LOL...sounds like a great time! don't worry...when i was there i took a picture of everything...the carpet, mickey hands in the bathroom, anything with a mickey head on it...the lamp, the wallpaper, etc! these are the details we are interested in...that make us want to stay at the hotel...am i right? LOL! :D

kikid
02-18-2007, 06:12 AM
LOL...sounds like a great time! don't worry...when i was there i took a picture of everything...the carpet, mickey hands in the bathroom, anything with a mickey head on it...the lamp, the wallpaper, etc! these are the details we are interested in...that make us want to stay at the hotel...am i right? LOL! :D
Soo true, so true! Just call us "goofy-geeks"!

kikid
02-18-2007, 06:15 AM
KiKid, your post cracked me up. Especially the part where you said, "the not here not now" look your kids gave you.

I am so happy that you got that cool room. It is so refreshing to hear that other people get silly and exicted about Disneyland. I feel like joining this site has put me in touch with "my own kind"........finally!

I am glad you were brave enought to go on Space Mountain. I feel very brave and cool myself after going on it. I think my crowning achievement is going on what I call Scary Mickey (California Screamin). I am the biggest baby when it come to rides, I can't beleive I go on that but I only considered it because it was Disney. I do not enjoy roller coasters, I don't think that "I am going to die" feeling is fun.........but I can do just about everything at Disneyland.....

Hope the rest of your trip was fun!

OMG! Screamin? You are a very brave person!