PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen

mousemom
02-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know what the latest is that you can get into Goofy's Kitchen without having to pay the evening price? I'll be there on a day that the park doesn't open till 10 and would like to do some of the rides first.

disneyfan4ever54
02-16-2007, 10:29 PM
When will you be going? I just spoke to DL dining a few days asking this same question because we will be going on a week day in May. I'm not sure about the weekends, but the CM said that during the week, the last reservation that they make is for 11:00 A.M. She mentioned that the times are different during the Summer, but I can't remember what those are.

disneyfan4ever54
02-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Oh, you're going in early May, right? I assume it's a weekday since you mentioned a 10 AM opening time. According to the CM, she said they close at 12:00 noon and accept the last priority seating for 11:00.

disneyfan4ever54
02-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Me again....LOL. You mentioned that you were going to DL at the end of this month....For some reason, I was thinking it was May. Anyway, the same hours for Goofy's would apply this month too. Hope you are having fun planning everything!

mousemom
02-17-2007, 05:07 AM
:) Thanks! Yes, I'm going the end of this month. I guess I won't get many rides in before 11 but we'll have the rest of the day right...I could run get fastpasses beforehand. I considered doing Goofy's before the park opens but this is for a birthday celebration and I'm thinking that cake for breakfast may not feel too good. Didn't you say previous that you've made an 11:00 reservation for your trip?

disneyfan4ever54
02-17-2007, 07:37 PM
I can't make the priority seating arrangement yet because my trip is more than 60 days away, and it has to be within 60 days. But I did call and speak to one of the CM's to get some info. The coolest thing happened! She asked me what my son's name was and what his favorite character was and today my son received an autographed 8x10 photo of Mickey Mouse in the mail! I just called a few days ago and I couldn't believe how fast it came! I knew they did this for kids celebrating their birthday when you stay in a DL hotel, but I was surprised that this CM sent him one just by my calling for information about having his birthday at Goofy's. She was the sweetest person and such a joy to talk to. So.....maybe you might want to call and ask if they can send one to your son for his birthday or have one there for him at his party? (The CM that I spoke to was "Penny".) The last time we went to Goofy's, we went on a weekday near the last reservation time and there weren't very many people there. My son received so much interaction with the characters.....it was so amazing. So, we will do the same time and a weekday again!

mousemom
02-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the info! What a nice thing to have sent to your son. I'll have to call on that tomorrow. Wow, time is passing fast and so much to get ready for this trip!

disneyfan4ever54
02-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, planning is a lot of work! You are so lucky to be going so soon, though. I am jealous....LOL. I am so tired of Winter......2 and a half months until we leave for our DL trip seems SO far away. I hope all your planning goes well. :)

mousemom
02-19-2007, 07:48 PM
The coolest thing happened! She asked me what my son's name was and what his favorite character was and today my son received an autographed 8x10 photo of Mickey Mouse in the mail! I just called a few days ago and I couldn't believe how fast it came! I knew they did this for kids celebrating their birthday when you stay in a DL hotel, but I was surprised that this CM sent him one just by my calling for information about having his birthday at Goofy's. She was the sweetest person and such a joy to talk to. So.....maybe you might want to call and ask if they can send one to your son for his birthday or have one there for him at his party? Just letting you know that I called and spoke with a CM at Disney Dining who said he'd send us a photo in the mail. I hope it arrives before we leave! Thanks for the idea! I think I'll go ahead and make a reservation for as soon as they open so we can have plenty of time to eat and visit with the characters before heading over to the park. I suspect it won't be too busy right at first. Then we can spend all the time we want and still get in the gates by 9:30...I know my kids will be anxious to get over there while the lines are short. Wish me luck!

disneyfan4ever54
02-23-2007, 08:41 PM
mousemom, Did your son get his photo yet? I'm so glad you were able to call about getting him one. :) How many more days until your trip? You must be so excited!

mickeyxminnie
02-24-2007, 12:52 AM
i called up and booked goofys kitchen for when we will be there.. the cm i got wasnt friendly at all..
she was kinda rude and abrupt and hurried me on the call
when she asked for a cell number and i told her we didnt have one that works there she wasnt going to let me book it.

so obviously i didnt get a photo in the mail :(

mousemom
02-24-2007, 08:04 PM
mousemom, Did your son get his photo yet? I'm so glad you were able to call about getting him one. :) How many more days until your trip? You must be so excited!
Yes! The picture came! They sent one of Mickey with Happy Birthday written on it etc. I think I'll prop it up in our hotel room on the mirror or somewhere when we first get there and before he sees. He'll wonder how they knew it was his birthday! Thanks again for the tip. By the way, I'm going to push back the meal by one day because my kids and I are just getting over the 24 hour flu and so much food may be a shock to our systems. We'll have to take it easy the first day there! Well, I'm off in the morning! :D

disneyfan4ever54
02-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Sorry you had to deal with a rude CM, mickeyxminnie. :( I don't think they offer the pictures on a routine basis, but I might be wrong. I mentioned it was my DS's birthday and that may be why she sent him one. I know they will do this too for people celebrating their birthday while they are staying in one of the DS hotels. I hope you have better luck next time. :)

Darkbeer
02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Goofy's Kitchen Hours.

Monday thru Friday, Brunch is served 7 AM to NOON.

Saturday and Sunday, Brunch is served 7 AM to 2 PM.

Adults are $21.99, kids 3 thru 9 are $11.99

Dinner is served 7 days a week from 5 to 9 PM.

Adults are $28.99, kids are $11.99.

There are a lot of enhanced menu items, such as Prime Rib and Crab Legs that are offered at Dinner that are not offered at Brunch.

Malcon10t
02-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Goofy's Kitchen Hours.

There are a lot of enhanced menu items, such as Prime Rib and Crab Legs that are offered at Dinner that are not offered at Brunch.Darkbeer, don;t mean to doubt you, but at Christmas, the prices for Brunch were $23 with our PAP for adults ($27 without, $15 for kids) and $30 for dinner with PAP ($37 without, $15 for kids.) I am hoping you are right and they dropped the prices (I can dream can;t I???)

Darkbeer
02-25-2007, 05:02 PM
The info I posted was straight from the CM Reference Guide, which has been wrong in the past, but is usually pretty accurate...

disneyfan4ever54
02-25-2007, 11:10 PM
We also paid the same prices as Malcon10t did during our visit in September. It would be nice, but unfortunately I don't think Goofy's Kitchen prices would drop to what they were over 2 years ago. (See link below announcing new prices for Sept. 2005....the prices that they have now). It seems maybe the CM reference guide needs to be updated?

disneyfan4ever54
02-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Oops....here's the info. copied from the link. :)

As of September 2005, Breakfast/Brunch prices are $27.25 per adult and $14.86 per child aged 3-11. Hours for the breakfast/brunch are 7:00am until 12 noon during the week and until 2pm on weekends. Dinner prices are $35.96 per adult and $14.86 per child aged 3-11. Dinner hours are from 5 to 9 daily. These prices do include tax and tip.

Pat-n-Eil
02-26-2007, 06:39 AM
When we do Goofy's Kitchen, we normally go early.. like 7:00am. That way we can enjoy the breakfast and get done close to park opening time.. Jump on the Monorail and away we go.

During the week, you could get an 8:30am or 9:00am breakfast and get to the park as it opens. Just a suggestion to save some running around to and from and to the park again.

Malcon10t
02-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Goofy's Kitchen Hours.

There are a lot of enhanced menu items, such as Prime Rib and Crab Legs that are offered at Dinner that are not offered at Brunch.I think I figured it out. If you take these prices and add 27% (19% gratuity and 8% taxes, these aren't exact numbers) you get closer to my number, which is what is quoted when you call and is listed as the prices elsewhere. So, perhaps the CMs say the above prices PLUS tax and tip... Might be a little disconcerning to someone to have a CM tell them $29, then get a bill for $37 though...

disneyfan4ever54
02-26-2007, 01:21 PM
That makes a lot of sense that maybe the prices that the CM's are given are before taxes. I agree, it could be a bit of a surprise if someone is quoted a certain price and then get charged the 27% on top of that.