PDA

View Full Version : Which suite hotel would be best?

shamrockshake
02-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi,

5 of us are heading to DL in may, We need to stay at a 2 room hotel so we can have our privacy and the kids can be in the other room. We are staying 5 nights, so price is an issue.

I have it narrowed down to

Castle inn ( 1King, 2 queens at $134)

Peacock suites ( 1 king, sofa bed in other room $149)

Comfort Inn maingate (2 queens, bunks, 2 bathrooms $102)

Islander Inn (1 qeen, 2 doubles $103)

We would like walking distance to park ( 2 year old, and 5 year old) and decent accommedations. Nice pool is a plus.

Where would you stay and why?

thanks much!

nvmom
02-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Have you considered the Camelot Inn & Suites? We've stayed there twice now. There 2 room suite is very roomy and very clean. It's a great walking distance. The pool is not fabulous... it's on the roof (which is also nice for the fireworks) - but the pool is also not very deep which isn't all bad for younger children. They do have a continental breakfast as well.

nvmom

Pirate Princess
02-16-2007, 07:15 PM
I CANNOT attest to the quality of this hotel since I have never stayed there (but will be staying there for the first time in May) BUT the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites is usually cheap and is DIRECTLY accross from the DL entrance. You may want to add it to your list of hotels to research.

I have never stayed at any of the hotels on your list... sorry.

Malcon10t
02-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi,

5 of us are heading to DL in may, We need to stay at a 2 room hotel so we can have our privacy and the kids can be in the other room. We are staying 5 nights, so price is an issue.

I have it narrowed down to

Castle inn ( 1King, 2 queens at $134)

Peacock suites ( 1 king, sofa bed in other room $149)

Comfort Inn maingate (2 queens, bunks, 2 bathrooms $102)

Islander Inn (1 qeen, 2 doubles $103)

We would like walking distance to park ( 2 year old, and 5 year old) and decent accommedations. Nice pool is a plus.

Where would you stay and why?

thanks much!All of the above are not walking distance. The closest is Castle Inn. Camelot has a nice suite as does Anaheim Desert Inn. Both are very close. My other choice would be Residence Inn on Clementine, but I would not advise walking. (ART picks up there.)

allyphoe
02-17-2007, 01:18 PM
My other choice would be Residence Inn on Clementine, but I would not advise walking. (ART picks up there.)

Due to distance, or safety?

BraMax
02-17-2007, 01:25 PM
We just got back last Sunday from DL and stayed at the Residence Inn. We loved the hotel it was clean and the breakfast being included was really nice. We walked everyday to and from the park. We have a 4 and 6 year old. But had a stroller for the younger one for when he was tired. We did by a day pass to the ART but never used it. The way is fully lit and it took us anywhere from 15-20 minutes to walk from our room to the gates at Disneyland itself.

Malcon10t
02-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Due to distance, or safety?Distance. Its about 3/4 of a mile. ART on this route is good.

mickeyxminnie
02-17-2007, 06:27 PM
is the privacy such a big deal?
cause you can always get something way cheaper and closer if its not a 2 room suite..

we are going with 5 of us in a 2 queens room for 90 per night.. cause we will only be in the hotel to shower and sleep it was more important to have that room cheaper and more spending money for DL

mask41
02-17-2007, 07:41 PM
We chose the Residence Inn because of the full, hot breakfast, weeknight evening meals which sometimes are good, sometimes not, FREE grocery shopping which will be a godsend for my kids who need their cereal at night and pb&j's (we will not have a car), kiddie pool and it seems like an easy transport to and from the park.
We'll let everyone know in about 50 days!!!
-Amy

Malcon10t
02-17-2007, 07:56 PM
We stayed at the Residence Inn on Clementine over Christmas/New Years for 12 nights. It was great. It was a 1 bedroom suite for $119. The breakfast was pretty good each morning. The pool was nice and the boys enjoyed the tennis court. We liked having the kitchen and we plan on staying here again.

shamrockshake
02-20-2007, 09:07 AM
WOW!

thanks for your advice. I will look into the Camelot, Desert inn and Residence inn.

We do need privacey, because we are bringing our 20 year old au pair to help with the kids ( and so she can go to DL!) I just don't want her or my husband to be uncomfortable sharing a room, so I wanted a room with separate rooms.

Has anyone stayed at the plaza inn acroos from the entrance? How many patio rooms do they have?

thanks

Malcon10t
02-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Has anyone stayed at the plaza inn acroos from the entrance? How many patio rooms do they have?

thanksThe Anaheim Plaza Hotel (don't know of a Plaza Inn) is not exactly across from the entrance, but it isn't much further than walking to Hojos. Most of the rooms I have seen had patios, but be forwarned it is an older motel. The rooms could stand some updating. The "patios" are big enough for 2 small chairs and a very small table. (At least the one we had was.)