View Full Version : Thoughts on a Lilo & Stitch attraction

DisneylandKid
06-03-2002, 04:21 PM
I had a strange idea for this attraction:

Entrance in Adventureland.

Exit in Tomorrowland.

MonorailMan
06-03-2002, 07:16 PM
What about an underground Omnimover style ride? :)

Mouse
06-03-2002, 08:10 PM
Lilo and Stich go on a rocket ride from Hawaii to Stitches home planet, which looks suspiciously like tomorrow land (and the endor moon).

DisneylandBoy
06-03-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
I had a strange idea for this attraction:

Entrance in Adventureland.

Exit in Tomorrowland.

How would this work? Would it be underground?

DisneylandKid
06-04-2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy

How would this work? Would it be underground? Imagine this. You enter in Adventureland, say, where Aladdin's Oasis is. Then, you'd get into cars that go through the story of Lilo and Stitch suddenly, the cars start to "go upwards"--taking you to outer space where Stitch lives. And yes, it would be underground until you start coming up. Then, you might exit in the old Rocket Rods building. TOTALLY just an idea!!

DisneylandBoy
06-04-2002, 05:58 AM
That would be very cool. I think it could work, too. What is under Disneyland? I know there is stuff under NOS, but I don't think anywhere else. Could they build it? It would be like a subway system.

Uncle Dick
06-04-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy
That would be very cool. I think it could work, too. What is under Disneyland? I know there is stuff under NOS, but I don't think anywhere else. Could they build it? It would be like a subway system.
Such a project would require the park to be shut down for an extended period of time. The entire hub would have to be dug up and recreated cutting off Main Street from the rest of the park. The whole project would be prohibitively expensive. If Disney really wanted to do a mixed Hawaii/Space adventure, they'd be better off putting it into DCA (in the space that SSL currently occupies, perhaps).

stinkerbell
06-04-2002, 06:54 AM
I like the idea and although it doesn't sounds like it'll ever happen moneywise, I'd rather it was at DL, than DCA, because of the whole Adventureland/Tomorrowland thing.

Very clever.

(of course I'm also waiting for Peoplemover to return.........) ;)

SzczerbiakManiac
06-04-2002, 09:53 AM
I too like the AL/TL concept, but picture this scenario:
Mom, Dad, little Johnny, little Sally, Grandma, and Grandpa all go to DL. The kids want to go on Lilo & Stitch, but they can't go alone and GM & GP don't want to ride it. Dad decides he will go on with the kids. Mom will stay with her folks outside and meet up with Dad and the lil'uns at the exit. Dad and the kids go on the ride (yes, it's a ride), Mom looks around for the exit but doesn't see it. A friendly & observant CM tells her where it is. "You mean I have to walk all the way over to Tomorrowland!?! :eek: But we mapped our course out for the day so we can enjoy as much of the park as possible." :mad: :(

And what if Mom wanted to go on the ride too? Can you imagine the parent swap (probably not the correct term) nightmare that would make?

Sorry if I seem overly pessimistic, but as cool as I think the cross land concept is, I suspect it would be more trouble (and expensive) than it's worth. :(

9oldmen
06-04-2002, 09:56 AM
The tunnel under the park just is not going to happen, but the one way trip from one land to another is no different than the old skyway attraction.

stinkerbell
06-04-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 9oldmen
The tunnel under the park just is not going to happen, but the one way trip from one land to another is no different than the old skyway attraction.
Which I'm also awaiting the return of............;)

The ride would have to carry stollers. That's a must as well. And I say Grandma and Grandpa should ride the ride. So there. :eek:

DisneylandKid
06-04-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
I too like the AL/TL concept, but picture this scenario:
Mom, Dad, little Johnny, little Sally, Grandma, and Grandpa all go to DL. The kids want to go on Lilo & Stitch, but they can't go alone and GM & GP don't want to ride it. Dad decides he will go on with the kids. Mom will stay with her folks outside and meet up with Dad and the lil'uns at the exit. Dad and the kids go on the ride (yes, it's a ride), Mom looks around for the exit but doesn't see it. A friendly & observant CM tells her where it is. "You mean I have to walk all the way over to Tomorrowland!?! :eek: But we mapped our course out for the day so we can enjoy as much of the park as possible." :mad: :(

And what if Mom wanted to go on the ride too? Can you imagine the parent swap (probably not the correct term) nightmare that would make?

Sorry if I seem overly pessimistic, but as cool as I think the cross land concept is, I suspect it would be more trouble (and expensive) than it's worth. :( Yes... I thought of this. They could put some kind of moving platform thing to transport people... I don't know. It'd never even happen. I just think its a cool idea.

Mouse
06-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
Sorry if I seem overly pessimistic, but as cool as I think the cross land concept is, I suspect it would be more trouble (and expensive) than it's worth. :(

SM - Do we need to guide you to the obviously false rumor thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6689) ? :rolleyes: I think everyone posting here knows nothing of this sort will ever happen.

Mr. D. Duck
06-05-2002, 05:09 AM
Wow! That is a cool idea.

SzczerbiakManiac
06-05-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Mouse:
SM - Do we need to guide you to the obviously false rumor thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6689)? :rolleyes:Naw, I already posted a few over there. :)

I think everyone posting here knows nothing of this sort will ever happen.Perhaps I took it a bit too seriously. I wasn't trying to imply that I or others thought it might become a reality, I was just trying to buffer my negativity against the original poster's idea and not come across like a total jerk/wet blanket.

But since we're talking about tunnels (and in an effort to try and steer myself back on topic), how about razing Innoventions and putting a Lilo & Stitch dark ride in that space and have it tunnel under the old submarine lagoon? One could use the water to make some really cool-looking alien environment effects.

hbquikcomjamesl
06-06-2002, 10:16 AM
The entire hub would have to be dug up Not necessarily; most subway tunnels these days are dug by mechanical moles. What's a mole, you ask? Nothing very interesting; it's just a big boring machine (pun intended) that runs underground.