PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Watch Disney Parade?

my2girls
02-15-2007, 07:48 AM
You all are so useful and have the best tips thought I would get your input on this one.

Where is the best place to watch the parade where we only need to get there 20 -30 min early? We have three girls (5, 3, 2). We plan on watching the afternoon parade.

We will be at Disneyland this weekend. Doing Disney Saturday and CA Sunday (2fer tickets)! I know it will be crazy but I love the crowds.

mamatojade
02-15-2007, 09:42 AM
I was just going to ask this question as well. We are going to see the Electrical Parade (at the beginning) and then hop over to DL for the fireworks.

Darkbeer
02-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Currently, the Electrical Parade is on Hiatus, and will only be available for the frist 2 weeks of April, as part of the Peak Easter Break schedule.

If you are attendending at that time, your only real shot is to watch over by Golden Dreams area, and then leave via the pathway that goes by Grizzly River Run. The DEP now starts by the Orange Stinger and ends at Sunshine Plaza.

Once you get close to SUnshine Plaza, it will start backing up, just stay towards the left and find the main exit.

That will get to the front of the line, but there still will be a long line to enter Disneyland, as Disney cuts down the amount of turnstiles that are open for crowd control reasons.

If you are lucky, you will make it to the end of Main Street by the show's start, don't try and fight the crowds, just find a good place to view down Main Street and enjoy.

As for the Parade of Dreams, the least busy area tends to be the area between Alice of Wonderland and the Hub area near the Matterhorn. It doesn't have that much seating, and some of the area is restricted.

acpalmer
02-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Currently, the Electrical Parade is on Hiatus, and will only be available for the frist 2 weeks of April, as part of the Peak Easter Break schedule.

Normally I wouldn't dare contradict anything Darkbeer says, but the EP is on the disneyland.com calendar for at least some weekends in March, as well. I will be there the weekend of the 17th for a conference at the convention center and it is listed and we are going as a family on the 25th and it is listed that day as well. So it is playing a bit more than just those two weeks in April.

mousemom
02-15-2007, 11:33 AM
If you can get over that way, for Parade of Dreams, I like to get as close as possible to the start of the parade by IASW. I like to be opposite IASW though so you have the greenery and IASW for a backdrop. In January I didn't have a hard time moving in kind of late to find a spot at the front corner. From there you have a clear shot at the floats and characters without people blocking your view. Some of those floats require a bit of distance between you and them to get the whole thing in plus from that spot you have time to get in some closeups as they move up. Good luck...I hope you have a great time!

disneyhound
02-15-2007, 06:37 PM
A couple weeks ago, my dd and I grabbed a couple spots on the second to the last bench before Matterhorn hear the Castle, with Tomorrowland behind us. It turned out to be a fantastic spot. The parade was working its way from Main Street to IASW, and when the parade stopped, we always had a float in front of us, it was great!

We decided to try the spot again a couple of nights later, while still a good spot, the parade wa running from ITSW, and the stops seem to miss us.

yohomama212
02-15-2007, 10:17 PM
We viewed the late parade on Monday. We were at the hub where it opens up to the entrance towards Adventure land. The Lion King float stopped infront of us, but all we got was a good shot of Rafiki's blue butt! Friday night we're going to try to get seats near the Coke corner, that seemed to be a good spot to view the princess float. I'll report back after I get home Friday night.

Liz :cool:

disneyfan4ever54
02-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Does the direction the parade goes in change from the afternoon parade to the evening one? We want to make sure we at are where the last float stops the next time we are there. We haven't seen that stop yet and It's been a while since I've seen the parade.

mousemom
02-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I believe that the afternoon parade always starts at IASW and if there are 2 parades that day the evening one will start at Main Street. Also, if you want to sit where a certain float will be stopping you can ask the CM's who are directing people and setting up ropes before the parade and they should know. Since you know in advance which float you would like to be near then the CMs will probably be more helpful. I got some great pix of Donald, Chip and Dale on the last float by following right behind it after it passed.

Darkbeer
02-17-2007, 04:01 AM
The TIMES Guide that is issued at the turnstiles does list both the time and the direction of the parade.

Basically the first parade of the day goes from iasw to Main Street.

If there are 2 parades, then the second is from Main Street to iasw.

(If it is a slow day and there is only one parade, then after the park closes, the floats are driven back to the backstage area near iasw for the next day).

disneyfan4ever54
02-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks Darkbeer! Your info. is very helpful as usual. :)