PDA

View Full Version : Tulips and Daffodils

Maximus
02-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Anyone know when the spring flowers begin to bloom around the park? I remember last year around this time the entire park was covered in tulips and daffodils. Let me know what is happening since we will be planning a trip in the next week or two.

DaddyB
02-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Never really know what the landscaping/planting schedule is. I wouldn't expect to see the tulips until next month, at least.

junglemom
02-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Last year they were up at the end of January. We went for my daughters birthday (Jan. 26) and have the greatest pictures of the kids in front of the tulips. So hopefully they will be out soon.

mommy-san
02-14-2007, 06:45 AM
When we were there around February 3rd last year they were already on the second planting of tulips in Fantasyland. We breifly talked to a gardener while admiring the dark red tulips and he explained a bit to us about how they only stay for about 2 weeks if all goes well.
i expected to see them when we went a few weeks ago, but no luck. Maybe the cold weather was a roadblock.

charpaul
02-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I would guess that the LARGE red/white/pink beds of cyclamen and allysum will now give way to more spring easter colors/flowers.

There were a few tulips in the town square area last weekend. Red in a bed of white ground cover. I noticed that there are also tulips planted around the hub area, but they have not bloomed yet....

Meanwhile - It looks like Disney has temporarliy cornered the market on Primroses!! They were everywhere!!! Nice bright spring colors!

I am kind of glad the 50th is over... I was amazed by the amount and variety of flowers that they were able to find that bloom in yellow/gold. But having more color being shown in ALL areas is nice to see again!!!

shamrockshake
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
We just returned last night, Nice tulips around the 50th movie in boxes. Pink ones in area around flag.. yellow ones just emerging, I think it was fantasyland.

We were there last year when they had the red tulips around Walt and Mickey. wonderful pictures of the kids with tulips.

River Belle
02-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Plenty of tulips in the park now! The center hub is surround by lovely yellow ones...