PDA

View Full Version : Disney risks injuring the disabled

ldsguy
06-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Ok, well, I know there will be those out there who don't like this, but tough! It's the truth.....at the Hyperion theatre, they have a new policy when letting people in, which I will getr to in a moment, but he old policy was as follows:
1. Let in those in Wheelcharis and with spical assitance passes and get a seat.
2. Let in those with travel vouchers.
3. Let in everyone else
(This is into the actual thatre, not just the que)

The new policy is as follows:
1. Let in the people with travel vouchers, becuase thye paid a lot of money, which could be debated)
2. Let in those with wheel chairs/special assitance passes, if you feel like it let them get a seat before letting everyone else in.
3. Let everyone else in.

Why does this matter you may ask......well, let me tell you that the people with the Travel Vouchers have pushed, stepped on and shoved those ion wheel cahris and witrh special assistance passes out of thier way, yelling at them to get out of the way. These are people with limited mobility.

Also please note that they force those in wheel chairs and with s-pecial assitance passes to stand out in the hto sun, when many of them are not able to do so.

Every time I bring this up to management, it just gets brushed under the rug, they don't seem to care about thier guests safety. All I am asking is for is that they show a little respect to thier guests with disabillities at the Hyperion theatre, is that too much to ask?

You may ask, well, why not wait until teh people with Travel vouchers are seated? They have tried this, but with even more disasteroouas resuklts, as the Travekl voucher people decided to jump overs seats, or as in one case over a person in a wheel chari to change seats before the Special Assistance people go in.

Lacrosse Boy
06-03-2002, 09:20 AM
Revert to the old!

HBTiggerFan
06-03-2002, 08:23 PM
What can we do to help get this reverted back to the old way?

MonorailMan
06-04-2002, 01:29 AM
We all could go to City Hall and complain.

teri
06-04-2002, 02:14 PM
That is clearly outrageous behavior on the part of the guests, and the CMs at the Hyperion should be using better crowd control at the very least.

I hope you have sent in a written complaint, not only to Guest Services but also to

Mr. Paul Pressler
Chairman & President
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873