PDA

View Full Version : My magical moment!

mousemom
02-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Just wanted to share something awesome that happened last visit. I was flying solo at Disneyland and missing my kids more than I thought I would. I went to the Hill Billies twice in two days...can't get enough of them. They're hilarious. Anyway, back, to topic. I meet the neatest people whenever I go to DL and the family next to me on my 2nd visit to Hill Billies was no exception. Around the end of our visit they suggested that I go see the 50 years of Disney movie on mainstreet. I had just made plans to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and thought that might be a nice preview. I loved it! The best part for me was at the end though when the pictures of different families flash on the screen and finally form a 50th Anniversary mural. All of the sudden there was a picture of my son and then a picture of our whole family on the screen from a trip 2 years ago. I had no idea that our pictures had been used for that. I thought we would get an email or something to let us know so we could go check them out. I was so surprised that I exclaimed to the person 2 seats down from me "That's my son up there!" I had tears running down my face as memories of that past trip flooded back and all the fun times we've had together at Disneyland. I definitely need to bring my kids to see that. This is just another example of all those magical moments that keeps families coming back! However, the best kind of magic is spread unknowingly each day by CM's going out of their way to make someone's trip better. Also, how about all the people visiting DL who do some small thing to make another person's trip better. I saw a mom make room for a child she didn't know to come take a space in front of her at a crowded parade so the child could delight in actually seeing the parade close up. Thanks to all of you who help make Disneyland the magical place we all love!

Courtney Anne
02-13-2007, 12:04 PM
seeing all those cute pictures always make me think that i should have sent in some photos of us - but i never did !

sorry for the lack of capital letters - i am being lazy

PanFan
02-13-2007, 12:21 PM
That's so great! I sent in pictures, but just barely before the extended deadline and none of them got used. Oh well. That is too bad that you didn't get notified, but it sure made a great surprise!

Malcon10t
02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
We saw the movie on May 5th, 2005. We were sitting thru those pictures when my son suddenly exclaims "It's the Hu----'s". They took up a fourth of the screen. We had to watch it again, then we called them and said "You know that picture you sent us for Christmas??? Disneyland is using it in their show!!!" They still haven't seen it...

We had pictures in various collages around the park during the 50th, it was fun to hunt for our pics.

tinker3
02-13-2007, 12:44 PM
What a great surprise! :)

It is a lot of fun to be around others that are enjoying DL. I also love talking to people who are there for the 1st time. We met a nice family that was doing Soarin for the 1st time and the kids were just squealing with delight, you can't help but laugh with them!

tigga please
02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
that is so awesome! theres probably some pics of me over the years with various girlfriends LOL.
i swear, im like a revolving door :crying: