PDA

View Full Version : Additional Disneyland Railroad Closures?

ladodgerjon
02-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Sooo... we all know that the Disneyland Railroad rehab is scheduled to remain closed for seven weeks. The closure is necessary, I'm told, to facilitate additional construction on the Nemo attraction, AS WELL AS track replacement on the eastern side of the park.

The NEW bit of information that was relayed to me last week is that the DRR will be closed again around May or June for an additional seven weeks for track replacement on the west side of the park. I'm told that it has been five-to-seven years since track sections were last replaced, and that a great deal of work must be done (major re-alignment, etc).

Can anyone else confirm or deny this bit-o-news?

Darkbeer
02-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes, it is already listed at Disneyland.com starting Monday May 7th. The schedule does not go far enough out to show the end date.

Disney Daddy of 4
02-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Are there any plans on the docket to update the final leg of the railroad? I like the scenes, but think they could be updated with really awesome animatronics.

tod
02-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Are there any plans on the docket to update the final leg of the railroad? I like the scenes, but think they could be updated with really awesome animatronics.

I believe they're talking about track alignment and other railroad hardware, not things that you can look at from the train...

--t

DisneyDustin22
02-13-2007, 06:57 AM

Sam Neil and Jeff Goldblum AA's are going to be added in with the dinosaurs. :D