PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin Musical - Fast Passes?

my2girls
02-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I thought I read somewhere that you need a Fast Pass for Aladdin Musical in DCA? Do you? If not have soon before the show should you arrive? We are going next Sunday.

Thank you.

Vegitabeta
02-12-2007, 08:58 AM
I didn't think that they did FPs for Aladdin. Probably about 20mins before the show is a good time, depending on what sort of seat you want, it usually works for us:)

Malcon10t
02-12-2007, 09:08 AM
I thought I read somewhere that you need a Fast Pass for Aladdin Musical in DCA? Do you? If not have soon before the show should you arrive? We are going next Sunday.

Thank you.No fastpasses there, but depending on where you purchased your tickets (AAA, WDTC, getawaytoday.com) you may have a coupon for priority seating.

Figure you should get in line about 30 minutes before the show to get decent seats. You probably want the Mezz. level for the best view.

Darkbeer
02-12-2007, 09:47 AM
When Aladdin first came out, there was a system very similar to Fastpass, where tickets that looked just like a Fastpass were handed out by ushers (no need for your ticket or access to a machine, the tickets were pre-printed) with a return time. It only lasted for about a year, by which time the popularity of the show diminished enough to not need any sort of crowd control.

Malcon10t
02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
When Aladdin first came out, there was a system very similar to Fastpass, where tickets that looked just like a Fastpass were handed out by ushers (no need for your ticket or access to a machine, the tickets were pre-printed) with a return time. It only lasted for about a year, by which time the popularity of the show diminished enough to not need any sort of crowd control.Hmmm, I don't remember this for Aladdin, but do for the beginning of Blast! and the show prior to that (escapes me now, I am getting old!). I kind of wish they would return to this ticketing, reduce the waiting in line at least during the busy seasons.

Darkbeer
02-12-2007, 10:08 AM
From the weekly MousePlanet DLR update dated March of 2003

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl030324xx

As we discussed in a previous update, ticket distribution policies for the Aladdin show seem to change like the wind. The current scheme has cast members distributing up to half of the day's tickets starting at park opening. As soon as the main gates open, the line for Aladdin tickets forms beneath the Hollywood Pictures Backlot entrance, and quickly winds around the Sun Plaza.

When the Hollywood Pictures Backlot opens, usually at 11:30, the remaining tickets are distributed at a podium set up outside the Hyperion Theater. The photo above shows a typical weekday crowd waiting for the Hollywood district to open. Once the rope drops, the crush of visitors heads towards the theater, either to get in line for the 12:30 performance, or to obtain Fastpass tickets for a later performance.

Malcon10t
02-12-2007, 11:22 AM

[/LEFT]Thanks DB! I wasn't doubting you, I just didn't remember it. I know at one point, you could get "tickets" to the show before Blast! at a booth in the Plaza area. And I remember CMs walking around passing out tickets. Blast! was the first show we saw at the Hyperion, then we saw it many times after (favorite show!)

mamatojade
02-12-2007, 11:32 AM

[/LEFT]
Is this still in place now?

Darkbeer
02-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Is this still in place now?

NO.

As I said earlier, it lasted for about the first year, then the crowd size dropped to the point it was not needed.

As mentioned above, they still have the WDTC/AAA Vouchers that come with certain vacation packages, but that is the only type of pass to not have to wait in the regular line.

But currently you can get into the show right before the showtime, as the show hardly reaches capacity. And I don't think they are using the third level any more. Showing up about 20 minutes before hand should et you a good seat.

Beach Gal
02-14-2007, 06:45 PM
I went to the Aladdin show not to long ago and there were no fast passes. I agree with malcon.. the Mezzaneine area is the best (yellow section). The floor is also cool, but you get an extra special treat if you sit in Mezz.

Show up 20-30 minutes prior to showtime and you should be just fine. Enjoy - it is a wonderful show! And the Genie is an improv comedian and is hilarious. The cast member I spoke with said they get a new genie every few months to keep the show different and funny!

cfitz/pirates
02-14-2007, 07:03 PM
I just loved the Aladdin musical, we went in August of 2005 and went 10 minutes before the show started and had no problem getting a seat.

julbright
06-05-2007, 12:14 PM
NO.

As I said earlier, it lasted for about the first year, then the crowd size dropped to the point it was not needed.

As mentioned above, they still have the WDTC/AAA Vouchers that come with certain vacation packages, but that is the only type of pass to not have to wait in the regular line.

But currently you can get into the show right before the showtime, as the show hardly reaches capacity. And I don't think they are using the third level any more. Showing up about 20 minutes before hand should et you a good seat.

Just checking to see if this popped back into practice? My Fodor's disneyland with kids guide book still talks about the tickets (it is a 2006 edition but discusses new things for 2007 like nemo... ) so just wondered .....

VickiC
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Just checking to see if this popped back into practice? My Fodor's disneyland with kids guide book still talks about the tickets (it is a 2006 edition but discusses new things for 2007 like nemo... ) so just wondered .....

Nope, just went a few weeks ago and no tickets needed or handed out.

Pat-n-Eil
06-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Are the showtimes the same or do they change?

What are the current showtimes during the week?

bigrockstar
06-05-2007, 02:13 PM
During peak season and holidays, you may consider getting there a little bit earlier. As I recall, last winter, I arrived 45 minutes early for the second or third showing. Much to my chagrin, the orchestra section (lowest level) and mezzanine had already filled up! It seemed like it was a pretty busy day in the park. It may have just been an anomaly, however.

Also, while I agree somewhat with what others have said about the best seats being in the mezzanine, I am under the belief that specifically the upper orchestra (back of the lowes level) and lower mezzanine are truly the best. While seated in the bottom part of the balcony, we were unable to truly enjoy some of the effects (costumed characters roaming around on ground level, etc.). The magic carpet scene was pretty cool, though. I remember seeing folks in the lowest parts of the orchestra section craning their necks in order to see the stage and other effects. I think the back of the orchestra section would be high enough to see the magic carpet, and the lower mezzanine would be low enough to see the elements on the floor. :cool:

acpalmer
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM

We were there in March and got there about 20 minutes before the show and were in the third level--floor and mezz were already full. We thought we'd be fine at 20 minutes, but not so much--that third level is REALLY high and far away. You can see just fine, but everything looks teeny-tiny.

kiki
06-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Unless you have PS, and even thats not guaranteed its best to show up at the latest 45 min before showtime. The floor seats fill up the fastest and many of those seats are reserved for PS. Some people even arrive 1 1/2 hours before show time to get front row seats.