PDA

View Full Version : The Sub Lagoon has been drained again

Darkbeer
02-11-2007, 09:47 PM
As of Sunday afternoon, the Sub Lagoon is basically drained of water.

It started sometime Friday afternoon and will be drained for a few days as they do repairs and other work.

The rumored plan is that when they refill the lagoon in the next week or so, that the entire lagoon, including the tunnels (where there have been dams) will also be filled...

Photos available at the link below....

Mr.Abominable
02-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Darkbeer, How do you get into the position to take all of these pictures of the sub lagoon. Whenever we are there we try to see from the cracks in the wall, Autopia, wherever we can sneak a peak. We never can see the things that you take pictures of. Do you have special access or are you sneaking around in full camo with a backpack full of gear? LOL

Darkbeer
02-12-2007, 08:44 AM
All my regular photos come from areas that Guests are allowed.

I just know a few tricks. For example, when I was taking pictures of the crabs yesterday, someone asked me if I was OK?, since I was on my knees on the Monorail entrance ramp... I was placing my camera between the safety railings to get the shot.

Also, many of my Sub Lagoon shots are taken THROUGH the Blue Screen, a combination of Focusing techniques and Color Correction helps to remove much of the Blue Screen netting, but if you look, you can usually tell those shots.

There is also one decent sized crack on the exit ramp, and another camera "trick" also helps gets some good shots.

I also ride the Matterhorn and get some shots while riding it. That is just knowing what you are doing, and being smart and SAFE when you do it.

The only time I get special access is if I am attendiing a Media Event that is planned by Disney, such as the Rose Bowl event recently.

Disneymademoiselle
02-12-2007, 08:57 AM
There's also a pretty good-sized crack in the Smoker's Area by Matterhorn and Autopia, if you can stand the smoke. I always like to sneak peeks of the lagoon there.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures with us, Darkbeer!

BarbD
02-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Im trying to figure out how to look at your pictures. I feel so dumb. I click your link and I see lots of past pictures and things like pirate premier party and roller coaster marathon riding. How do I see a specific picture you refer to, Please can you help this very non techey figure it out :-)

Darkbeer
02-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Near the bottom of the page is catagories, I presume you want the Theme Park section, then a list of parks and dates show up, for example "Disneyland Resort - 2/11/07", click on that and you get the individual photos.

FYI, this thread was to discuss the News of the Sub Lagoon being drained, if you want to talk about my photos, I suggest you go to the Post your Photos Sticky thread here at MousePad.

BarbD
02-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry what I was trying to see was the photos you discussed in this thread. This is the second time I tried to figure it out and could not. I as not trying to figure anything else out so I figured this is where it belongs. Im sure others may have the same problem but maybe not?